am i in the wrong

amie-leigh

Mummy To Princess Morgan
Reaction score
ok please be really honest and any tips would be great :)

morgan is almost 7months and is bottlefed she started on a bowl of porridge around 6pm at 5 and half months
now she still only takes 6 bottles (7oz) and one bowl of porrige (sometimes 2) and a rusk mid morning
she wont take anymore but is still gaining weight (17lb 10oz 2weeks ago)

a girl i know has had her LO on baby food jars since 10weeks and her LO is now 3months and having 6bottles and 3meals a day

am i doing something wrong x

Currently the guidelines are to start weaning at 6 months, and certainly not before 16 weeks. Your friend is setting her LO up for health problems as she gets older.

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong as such, as she's obviously satisfued and gaining weight. Having said that, I would've thought that you could start to introduce a few more different tastes and textures. There needs to be gradual progression as you go along. Perhaps some baby rice at lunch time, and in time add some pureed veg/fruit and that kind of thing?

thanks thats what i thought im thinking of trying a few new tastes, was thinking of pureed fruit
but i agree the girl i know has started a bit early she no reason other than she wanted her LO to sleep more so she went with the fill them up they will sleep

reason i was concerned is it seems other LO's same age or younger are eating a lot more and i dont want her to have eating problems x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->