Am I just being a cow.

Boothh

Jesse, Teddy and 4 angels
Reaction score
DH just rang me and asked me what I want for mothersday, well I told him Im not helping him,
I feel like a botch but he does this everytime leaves everything to the last minute and I end up with shit, i got a Terrys chocolate orange and a one direction calendar for valentines day... He got stuff he actually wanted.
I always try to get him things I know he will really like and spend ages thinking of things etc and he just runs out the day before and picks up anything! I've been dropping hints for things for weeks so he should have some idea but where is the fun if I'm on the phone to him telling him to buy me this and this I'd rather just go and buy myself something if I have to give him a list of what presents to buy me!
Am I just being unreasonable or should he be abit more thoughtful?

I don't think you're being unreasonable but I do think you have to accept some men are shit at things like this.

like pp said, majority of men are crap at these kind of events :dohh: i'd just get him a burnt stick & an old orange for fathers day :haha: xxx

:rofl:

Haha no your not being a cow.

I remember that problem.

Hope he gets you summat you will like.

V xx

No your not at all :hugs:

Hope you get something you like

You're not being a cow at all. My OH is a reformed last-minute purchaser. He came unstuck one year when he went Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve afternoon when the shops were due to shut at 1600. He panicked and I got diamond earrings :haha: That's the kind of panic buy I like!

I don't think you're being a cow, but I do think you'll need to accept there's a high likelihood you're not gonna like what he gets you...

I've learnt hints don't work with my OH and we're both happier if I give him an exact item to buy or a multiple choice of exact items so he can surprise me with something from that list :thumbup:

You're not being a cow, and frankly, it's got to be better to get nothing than some old load of tatt!
Perhaps suggest to him that, in future, if he can't be a bit more organised, just not to bother.
xxx

no hun you're not, i can understand how frustrating this must be especially if you've been hinting!! a one direction calendar??? ppppfffttt!! hope he gets you something nice :) xxx

its a man thing I think..albeit crap ! I hope that you get something nice x

Thanks!

It wouldn't bother me if I didn't like something but he had tried if you get me. It's just when I know he's gone and picked up the first thing and not thought about it, or directly asked me while he's out what I want! At Christmas we do do lists but I think thats a time when your sort 'expecting' a gift rather than days like mothersday, valentines anniversary etc is when it's meant to be thoughtful and a surprise, I just feel like there's no point if I've told him that to get me cus I could just go and buy it myself! x

Dragging this up as I'm curious as to what you got :haha:

I dont think you're wrong at all. It does sound like your oh really doesn't have a clue though, a one direction calendar is so bad. Maybe he'll do better next year xx

he can be really thoughtful though so it just annoys me when it comes to occasions and he doesn't bother!

In the end I got breaking Dawn DVD ( which I wanted <_< ) some chocolate and £40 for some pjs for my hospital bag!

He said he was going to buy me a Disney traditions ornament which i collect but the one he wanted to get me he couldn't find on Saturday (that's why advance buying helps dear) I do feel like a cow now though lol x

glad he got you something nice!!! hope you had a great mothers day xxx

I don't think your being unreasonable, but, I am a woman! haha. If you truly want something nice- just tell him specifically what that is... actually circle a bracelet or what not in a magazine with the jeweler location and leave it on his night stand with a sticky note saying "THIS is what I want". LOL.

But if you don't care, and it's just the thought that counts, then don't help him out. Just don't expect anything fabulous ;)

Oops- just saw my comment was too late. haha. Guess your Mothers day are a bit sooner over there ;) But might be good for the future... glad it was a nice day!!!

Sounds like after being told he wasn't getting help he did actually put some effort in. Your gifts sound lovely =)

At least he now also has an idea what to get you for your birthday or Christmas ;)

Nope your not unreasonable, my OH is just the same! mine said to be a few weeks back ''I know what I am getting you for motherday, you will really like it'' and I was like WOW he has actually thought of it this year! :shock: but then on the Friday afternoon he rang me and said '' that thing I wanted for you is sold out'' well durr its going to be!! why not get it weeks ago when you seen it :dohh:
I tell him all the time to put more effort in but he never really does......it is totally a man thing :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->