Am i just being paranoid - friendship issues.

RachA

Reaction score
I remember not having friends all through infant/junior school and it really worries me that Daniel will have the same problem. Although i was really quite shy but Daniel isn't.

When i picked Daniel up from school today he told me that no one wants to come to our house to play with him. He said he'd asked two of his friends but they both said they didn't want to. I asked him if he wanted me to ask their mummies if they could come round and he said yes.

I don't know if that is what i should be doing or what. Obviously he can't go round inviting people over but what if i ask their mum's and the boys don't want to come round? I can't bare the thought of him really wanting friends but no-one wanting to be friends with him.

I am having the same issue with my 9 year old daughter.. She has been in private school most of her life and when we moved up here she started public school. She has been having some issues with some of the kids there so I am probably going to put her back in private school and see if that helps. It hurts me when she tells me that she has to play by herself.

How old is Daniel?

My daughter is 6 and will be 7 in April and is in year 2 and she still doesnt have a regular group of friends or a best friend she plays with everyday......she plays with different children and some times she has said 'nobody wanted to play with me or i didnt want to play with anyone' but tbh thats something children need to learn to deal with rather than having relationships forced on them iykwim.......Every year in my daughters school her classes have a big mix up so there are always lots of different children in her class every year which means usually its harder to make solid friendships but also by the time they get to juniors they will probably all know each other fairly well and i think personally thats when proper friendships start to form.

If daniel is in infants school personally i wouldnt worry about it too much, children chop and change friends every 5 mins, like someone then dont like them etc etc ...........
but if he would like a certain child to come over to play then there is no harm in asking is there?

xxxx

Thanks.

Daniel is in reception and is one of the youngest as he is an August birthday.
Because of the problems i had i find it really hard to relax about it lol.
I have asked one particular boy over and hopefully he is going to come during half term. I don't mind that he doesn't have one or two specific friends, it's the lack of anyone wanting to play with him iykwim. The scared part of me is really worried that he'll get to the end of reception and not been invited to any parties etc. Part of me knows i'm being silly - it's so hard being a parent!

ahhhhhhhhh bless..........im sure he will make friends and be invited to SO many parties that you will ended up saying 'oh not another one' LOL xxxx

also talk to his teacher about your concerns to xxx

I don't want to sound like a paranoid mum lol.

Seriously though - i'll leave it a little longer and then talk to them if nothing seems to get better.

you could do it at a parents evening possibly? x

When i was younger i wouldn't always go to friends houses only because i wasn't used to being away from my mum, it wasn't that i didn't like my friends i was just worried

Maybe its the same, they're only young x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->