Am i leaving it too late?

Becky

Jacobs Mummy
Reaction score
I have read loads of post about you girls having bought everything for you babys and everyone seems so prepared! I on the other hand havent bought a single thing ive been given a few bits of clothes but thats about it! I wasnt planning on buying anything for at least another 4 weeks am i leaving it all to late??

x

Nah I wouldnt have thought thats too late. Friends of mine didnt buy anything until 37 weeks!!! Now thats leaving it late!!!

Im a few weeks behind you but i havnt bought an awful alot either, you have a few months left yet so i wouldnt worry over it just start buying when your ready too! when you start you wont beable to stop so i bet youll pretty much get everything you need in the next few weeks :)

Not at all.
I'm not planning to do much until third tri.
I suppose you'd want stuff in place by the last month, just in case LO makes an early appearance, but otherwise I would just relax about all of it.
Unless, of course, it is stressing you out. In that case, make a list and get started!:)

I've got most things but that's mostly because people have offered us good deals - like my OH's work mate sold us a practically new Mamas and papas pramette for £60 and our parents wanted to get things too. We've only bought clothes really ourselves - and we've bought those slowly over the past months.

I think it's nice to buy things gradually to spread the cost, and the excitement!, so I think do it in your own time.

thanks guys, i had got myself all worried that i wasnt going to be ready in time for him but now i feel alot better!!

x

I havent got hardly anything infact just a couple of babygros and some scratch mits and a blanket !!!

I will start in another couple of weeks !!

im 27 weeks and my mum won't let me buy anything, she says its 'way too early' and i feel really unprepared! im not listening anymore though im going to start buying everything in the next couple of weeks because it stresses me out feeling like i dont have anything for it! just go ahead whenever you feel ready =)

I don't think you have left it too late! You still have plenty of time, now if you were at week 35 I'd be saying something different!!
I'm glad I have got all mine done though, i was feeling really energetic up to 30 weeks and now I am just knackered all the time! So maybe you should try and do it before 30 weeks? :hugs:

I bought my crib and change table early, but only because I saw it in a consignment shop and it was too good a deal to pass up.

Other then that I still havent bought anything either. Ive got a couple boxes of clothes from people.

And I just recently bought my nursery set, which was also just too good a deal to pass up.

I wouldnt stress about it, you dont have to buy everything at once. Im no going to buy anything else until after my baby shower :)

The only thing you need to consider buying soon possibly is the pram and carseat?

Mine took 7wks for delivery so i'm pleased i didn't leave it too long!

I'm similar dates as you and i haven't got much either. I made my 1st purchase online last night at blooming marvelous as i saw on here they had 40% off.

So i've got a crib, baby bath and a flask for warming bottles on the way.

Only other things i've got is a hat, 1 outfit and some vests. So still lots to get!!

So don't worry, you have got a bit of time yet.

I'm 27 weeks and i've just started getting things like prams and furniture. You just have to watch, like someone else said, for delivery times cos my pram taking 8 weeks too.
Still got sooo much to get tho, its all the little things you don't even realise you need!

I have my bedding set, 3-4 sleepers and I saw a baby bikini on sale for 3 bucks with a skirt that goes over it so I bought it big enough so that it fits next summer :)

I'm not going to buy any great amount until after my baby shower in early September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->