Am I missing something with fitteds?

Eala

Mum of two gorgeous girls
Reaction score
OK, I could be being totally dense here, so please someone feel free to slap me with a stupid stick :blush:

I use fitteds (WNNNs) at night with a wool wrap. They are plain, boring, non-embroidered, lilac velour. My wool is pretty, but no-one ever really sees it, so it could be plain for all it matters.

But what about during the day? I've got a couple of fitteds (just to try them), and they are so pretty... but then I need to cover them up with a wrap, or my soaker. So why are they pretty? I mean, what's the point of groovy fabrics on fitteds? Can you get clear wraps?

Seriously, what am I missing here? :rofl:

(I should add, I'm not having a go at anyone using fitteds, I'm really just trying to see the appeal!)

yeah, I agree its silly having pretty fitteds, but they do look nice when they're drying!!!!

I can't believe no one has made transparent wraps yet. I'd be using fitteds if i could get them!

I agree that's why I sold my beautiful superhero DNF's as I couldn't bring myself to cover them :(

Alot of people use fitteds without a wrap when LO is more mobile so there isn't as much wicking and when the weather is a bit warmer to help wtih evaporation. I agree though, if they're hidden under a wrap all the time, I don't see the point in them being pretty! My only fitteds are little lambs and tots bots stretchies for that reason.

Well I like to wear pretty knickers but I rarely show them to anybody! I suppose you could say the same about any nappy in winter when they'll most likely be covered in clothes. Maybe it's silly but I still like pretties even if they're covered up.

As Lu said though, I usually leave fitteds without a wrap for an hour or so and then put either wool or a wrap over the top in case the outside gets damp. With night nappies, if I'm being lazy and using a PUL wrap instead of wool, Econobum outers work well for us and they're quite thin white material so a bold pattern underneath does show through a bit which I think is nice.

Well I like to wear pretty knickers but I rarely show them to anybody! I suppose you could say the same about any nappy in winter when they'll most likely be covered in clothes. Maybe it's silly but I still like pretties even if they're covered up.

See I'm a bit freaky about this, I get mad at DH if he puts her really pretty nappies (like WNs) on when she's wearing trousers! Poor man :blush:

I agree! I have a few with patterns as well, I just use them with no wrap (and no trousers) and change him when the outside gets damp :lol: But I never seek out fitteds with a pattern, i got a few preloved, well i did buy a bitti boo! but i heard it was a fab nappy and i have a few wnnn that have pattern as i bought them preloved but if i buy new i go plain and cheap!

I agree! I bought some pretty ones, then put a wrap on it and realized "wtf? Did I just waste money so no one can see them!?" Never again did I buy pretty fitteds.
We stick to prefolds and pocket diapers anyway now. Fitteds push her way up when she sleeps and she wobbles when she moves. :rofl:

I have lots of pretty fitteds, Hayden wore them coverless while at home :)

I have loads of pretty fitteds (in fact its all he uses during the day) my answer is i get double the cuteness!!

I do leave him without a wrap for a bit tho sometimes as hes moving now... I just find that fitteds work better for us so dont see why i should miss out on pretties!!

As I said, I wasn't having a go at anyone who likes pretty fitteds, I was just trying to find out if I'd missed something :blush:

I wouldn't mind leaving her without a wrap on, but she is such a heavy wetter. I have two gorgeous HL fitteds, and they were wet on the outside within about 45 mins :(

Was the weather warm? Silly question but the warmer the weather the quicker they evaporate!!

And i know you werent having a go hun sorry if my reply portrayed that!! :D

No no, wasn't anything you said, just wanted to reiterate that I'm not out to upset anyone, or question anyone's choices! I was just feeling dim :haha:

It was warm, yes, and my house is perpetually roasting :dohh:

I think I just need to stick with fitteds for night-time and leave it for during the day :cry: Oh well... anyone want 2 medium HL :haha:

Im so gonna regret this but what HL? lmao (wanna swap for anything?)

Both of them I got on here... can't get pics atm as they are in LO's room. One is kinda tie-dyed rainbow colour, the other is purple with owls on it. Only got the owl one a couple of weeks ago, I'm so sad it's not working :cry:

Happy to swap for something pockety or AIO-like (was that vague enough? :haha:)

ETA - they're both in GUC, I bought them both pre-loved. Slightly... not exactly bobbled inners (the inserts snap-in, if that helps!). But you can tell they are pre-loved. No stains that I can see. I can get pics tomorrow if you'd like :)

Hmmm i only have cheapy pockets!! But am selling 2 HL aios? They are iced giraffes and bad wolf pattern? (pics on buy swap sell bit last night) The wolf one has loose leg elastic but no stains :D

Oooh those AIO are lovely :)

I'll take pics of the fitteds tomorrow if that's ok? :D

Yea sure hun :D (pm me else i will forget!!)

Okie dokie, I will do :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->