Am I NTNP?

KalonKiki

Liam and Thea's Mommy <3
Reaction score
We just had our DD back in March of this year. I'm still breastfeeding but I got my first postpartum period on November 17th. My DH won't wear a condom and I refuse to take hormonal birth control but my DH pulls out every time. Would we be classified as NTNP instead of NFP if we use the pull-out method as our sole form of contraception?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think NTNP refers to those who just have unprotected sex (as in with unprotected ejaculation) without worrying about the consequences of getting pregnant. If you guys are using the pull out method, that is technically your BC choice. It may not be as reliable as say hormonal BC or barrier methods since there is a high chance of having an accident but you're doing it to try to prevent a pregnancy.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think NTNP refers to those who just have unprotected sex (as in with unprotected ejaculation) without worrying about the consequences of getting pregnant. If you guys are using the pull out method, that is technically your BC choice. It may not be as reliabl3e as say hormonal BC or barrier methods since there is a high chance of having an accident but you're doing it to try to prevent a pregnancy.

Yes thats what it sounds like to me too

Pulling out is a form of preventing pregnancy. So imho, I would say no. NTNP means your having unprotected sex, not preventing pregnancy, and not actively trying to have a baby (OPKs, charting, etc).

Thanks ladies, that's what I thought too but I've met people that classified the pull-out as NTNP so I wasn't sure.

I totally see how someone would think that!

My DH and I use pull-out as our prevention (very successfully too), so idk how anyone would say that's ntnp. DH doesn't like to "try" so he currently isn't pull-on out and we just dtd when we feel like it which is ntnp :)

It's because some people might only consider prevention in the forms of birth control (unnatural). Especially if it's someone's first time trying for a baby it might confuse them at first.

...but why would you pull out if you wanted a baby or didn't care if you got pregnant? Lol that just doesn't make sense to me

I don't think she was asking because she wanted a baby. She was just asking what the pull out method was qualified as.

No I didn't mean her specifically. I meant how you said some consider pull out ntnp lol :shrug: not that it matters lol

yeah we used the pull out method for 8 years before trying for our third. Perfect results.
Weve been using it for the last 8 months as well.

We plan on starting to try next month, but I don't plan on charting or taking OPK tests. I keep track of my cycle and know my body really well so I know when I'm fertile. We plan on just having sex and see what happens. It I don't consider that NTNP. We technically will be trying but I'm not going to worry myself with all of he extra TTC stuff. So we will see how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->