Am I overreacting? [long rant]

Caitie44

Shiny Spine Certified
Reaction score
Okay, rant time. I feel like the only time I ever post a thread is when I have to rant lol, but you ladies are amazing listeners! Essentially, I'm starting to feel more like an incubator than a person. Everyone except for OH is making me feel this way. It's getting to the point where I just want to crawl into a hole until I give birth, because I can't take it anymore. I don't think anyone is being intentionally hurtful, and it isn't like I'm expecting a bunch of attention on myself when there's a new baby on the way, but it really sucks and it's starting to seriously piss me off.

For starters, my grandma. I love her, I really do, and I know she's trying to be helpful in her own annoying way... But if she tries explaining something to me one more time, I'm going to freak out. I don't know if she thinks I'm going to be an incompetent mother if she doesn't tell me every little thing, but it sure does feel that way. For instance, we were out at garage sales the other weekend looking for baby stuff, and I ended up buying a play mat. For the next ten minutes she went on and on about how to use it. Thanks for that information, Granny... Totally couldn't figure that one out for myself if I didn't already know. :dohh: And it's like every little thing that pops into her head, she has to give me tips on. If they were real, helpful tips, I wouldn't have such an issue with it. But when it's over stupid crap, oh dear God it takes everything I have not to flip out.

Oh, then this past weekend, I slipped and fell on my knees pretty hard. LO was fine, of course, but I was in a lot of pain and had to sit there for a few minutes before I could even get back up. My aunt was all concerned about it, which was thoughtful, and then she goes "if this happened a few months ago, I wouldn't have even cared". :roll: Wow, thank you. It's great you care about the well-being of my child, but that was just really rude. And a number of my relatives have said, "Oh, now that you're having this baby no one is going to care about you anymore." Well alrighty then. Thanks for that... Makes me feel really great about myself. Like I said, I'm not asking for people to fawn over me or give me a bunch of attention - but I'd still like to feel human instead of a walking incubator or simply the 'caretaker' of my daughter.

Then! This is my favorite. OH's parents are already doing the whole entitled grandparents bs I was afraid of. "We're the grandparents, so we're going to get her whenever we want." Um, haha, no. That's not how it works. Despite the fact I'm eighteen and a 'young mom', I'm still Lilia's mother. I will decide who she sees, and when. I can already tell that there's going to be this huge battle over who gets to spend time with her, and I just won't have it. I'm already not telling anyone which apartment number I'm moving in to because I don't want people showing up at my house expecting to take off with my child. No way in hell that's going to happen. I mean, really. Actually saying "we're the grandparents so we get her whenever we want". I'm half-tempted to just say that no one can see her until something like the holidays. ](*,)

I'm just so aggravated by all of this, and I'm about to freaking explode on everyone, which won't be pretty. Am I overreacting to this, or am I at least partly justified to be pissed?

Ooooooh this makes me so angry myself! I'm sorry hun! Gah people can be such bums without realising it! Put your foot down though and tell them how it's gonna be.
You're the mummy! :hugs: :flower:

People tried doing this when I had my first son, just grin and bare it. And then when she is born, do what YOU want.

Id set them straight, either now or immediately after birth. MIL has tried to take advNtage of her "grandparenting rights" even though shes a shitty piece.of shit that cannot.even call our daughter on her.birthday. I freaked when my LO was five months old, and she backed off, thankfully.

I agree. Just ignore them. When babies here allyou have to say is 'no' :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->