am I overreacting?

winterbabies3

Wife, Mother & Expecting
Reaction score
So I called my doctors office to see if they could get me in 4 days early cause I just haven't been feeling baby move all the time and I'm just worried. I feel like I feel baby and then won't feel anything for a few days so I keep second guessing everything and just wanted to see if they could listen to babys heartbeat. Well the nurse said she didn't have any doctors in today and I would have to wait til monday...I switched doctors to a place that is closer to home and regretting it. What so you mean you don't have a doctor on? Granted I have never had a second trimester loss but the last time I heard baby was 12 weeks. Ugh!

Do you have a midwife? I would call her and express your concerns if you do.

No midwife. Honestly I got a letter last week with them saying my doctor is no longer there so I honestly don't have a clue who my doctor is!! They also changed my apt that was suppose to be yesterday to Monday.

What about the hospital? I'm not sure where you are but here under 18 weeks you'd contact the gynae ward- I'm sure they'd be happy to have a listen in for you.

Unfortunately the hospital and my doctors office is connected so they would just transfer me.

We go a long time over here in the UK without hearing babies heartbeat. From 12 weeks to 20 weeks we have to wait for scans and they don't monitor movement from 24 weeks here. I don't know where you are. Everywhere has different policies. We kind of just have to ride it out here which sucks

It's really hard to wait so long between reassurances that baby is ok! Would you consider a Doppler? I haven't got one myself because I think it would make me worse but some women swear by them. The only other thing you could do in the meantime is arrange a private scan.

At 17 weeks baby is more than able to hide and the movement patterns sound normal - but if your instincts are telling you something is up I totally understand the need to check on it :hugs:

I have a scan in a couple weeks and planNed on ordering a doppler but knowing me I wouldn't find it and freak out more. I think I'm just worried cause it's been so long =/

The 16/17 week mark is a strange time where a lot of moms stop feeling their babies for some reason, it happened to me too, if you do a search on here in the second trimester boards, you'll see what I'm talking about ;) good luck Hun!

Don't blame you. It is very nerve wrecking waiting between appointments. My dopplar helps calm my nerves a bit.

I had exactly the same thing at 17 weeks and even now at 19 I wouldn't say her movements are regular enough to monitor.
The Doppler is a life saver for me xx

Thanks everyone! I felt ridiculous after writing this and calling them but I guess I am not alone!

Don't worry, I had the same concern at 17/18 weeks. I felt nothing for days then the occasional tiny nudge. My Doppler really helped me at this stage as my tummy didn't seem to be growing either! In terms of your OB, maybe you could ask if one of the nurses would check you out? It might be a day when the doctors are doing their hospital duties so not in the rooms. Maybe one of the nurses could get the Doppler out?

Thanks everyone! I felt ridiculous after writing this and calling them but I guess I am not alone!

Dont worry.. its not ridiculous at all.. I guess alot of us is worried as now we only go see doctor once a month. If u are really worry, go see a doctor.. Pray all will be fine

Don't worry, I had the same concern at 17/18 weeks. I felt nothing for days then the occasional tiny nudge. My Doppler really helped me at this stage as my tummy didn't seem to be growing either! In terms of your OB, maybe you could ask if one of the nurses would check you out? It might be a day when the doctors are doing their hospital duties so not in the rooms. Maybe one of the nurses could get the Doppler out?

Maybe I should invest in a doppler! I don't feel like my stomach is any larger neither. I think I was bigger with pregnancy number 3=/ The nurse I talked to wouldn't even consider herself doing it. I was really irritated and almost think going back to my old doctor would be worth the drive!

So everything worked out today!! The nurse called me back saying there was a doctor in and thought of me and I got to hear baby and feel where my uterus was!! Lol so I am back to being confident about the baby being okay and I just need to keep telling myself that it will be okay! Oh and to add to this, I still don't know who my doctor is as the one I saw today was a fill-in. So still irritated as I am almost half way done and still don't know who will deliver baby

That's so nice of the nurse to think of you and get you in! So glad you werr reassured by hearing the baby's heartbeat. Hope you can meet your doctor soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->