Am I ovulating or did I ovulate?

Trying_Fiance

Reaction score
I went to the OBGYN to be told I have/had a functional cyst. Does that mean I ovulated? I need help. Got blood work done to check for possible pregnancy.

I just replied to your question on the other thread you posted on .... I'm not stalking honest lol
If you have a functional cyst it is caused as a result of ovulation. The corpus luteum cyst that you normally have after ovulation was a little thicker than normal and didn't dissolve when it normally should (if you're not pregnant) it then forms a cyst and stays there for a couple of cycles, it's very common and doesn't normally interfere with fertility (although if it continues to produce the hormone progesterone it could delay the following cycle until it has eventually dissolved)
It doesn't hinder long term fertility. Are your cycles regular? To be sure that you're ovulating regularly you would need bloods done on cd 21. Good luck !

Thank you. But if its a corpus luteum cyst doesn't that mean I did get pregnant? &&' I have irregular cycles.

Every woman has a corpus luteum cyst after she ovulates, if the egg is not fertilised it normally dissolves and causes a drop in hormones which causes a period (the lining of the womb shedding) unless it fails to dissolve therefore it becomes a functional cyst. It is only a functional cyst if the egg you produced has not been fertilised. You could be pregnant, but I would imagine they would have seen the beginnings of a pregnancy on the ultrasound?
Basically I'm saying yes you would have a cyst on your ovary for the first three months of the pregnancy (it releases the hormone progesterone and stops the lining of the womb from shedding until the placenta takes over)
but you can also have a corpus luteum remain and turn into a functional cyst without you being pregnant. It's great that your cycles are regular. Hopefully if you're not already pregnant you will catch that eggy soon x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->