Am I Pregnant? (I know there must be a million of these threads but please help)

BSB

Reaction score
My last normal periods started on the 28th of May, 24th of June and the 19th of July. My first abnormal period started on the 20th of August. It was very light. It started off the normal red color but by the 3rd day, it turned brown. It kept starting and stopping on and off during the entire cycle. I'd bleed during the morning but not bleed at all during the afternoon and evening and then bleed at night and vice versa. It ended completely on the 24th (4 days). I had unprotected sex multiple times after that on the 28th of August, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th of September. I just got what I think is my period on the 13th. It's bright red (which just means that it's new blood I guess), light, and thin with no blood clots. A week before it came, I was bloated with lots of lower back pain. I've been experiencing lots of fatigue, and I've been nauseated and have vomitted twice in the past two weeks. I can't stand certain smells because they make me sick. My boyfriend was eating hot wings and for some reason the smell made me sick to me stomach which actually caused me to vomit and this was on the day that I got my period. My breasts aren't sore but they feel a lot heavier. My boyfriend, who is an emt, actually pointed out that I look pregnant by my nipples because the area around them has darkened and I have lots of prominent bumps as well. I took a home pregnancy test on the 8th . It was a +/- type test. The negative line was very faint while the line in the control window was a very dark purple. I'm sure that doesn't mean anything, though. I'm sure it would be too soon to have any symptoms from the times that I had unprotected sex but recently I learned about something called "decidual bleeding" which made me wonder if I could have conceived sometime before my first abnormal period. My navel is actually protruding quite a bit. It's very noticeable because I'm so thin. What do you think? Could I be pregnant? I'd rather get some opinions before I run off spend money on another pregnancy test.

What type of test did you use? I don't know the type of test you are talking about, do most tests not just have a control line and a positive line? I would say there is a chance that you are pregnant going by your symptoms. However symptoms can be misleading so the only way to really know is by a test. My advice would be maybe wait a few days and see if AF properly arrives or if you still feel pregnant and then get a sensitive test like a FRER and then you will hopefully get some answers.

It sounds to me like you could be, perhaps the test you used was faulty. I am in the same boat right now, I have a ton of pregnancy symptoms and had an odd period(?) very similar to yours. I tested on the 7th and the 8th with $ store tests and both were negative. AF is due for me this weekend, if she doesn't show I'm getting a FRER or similar test. GL to you, I hope you get the result you are hoping for!

The symptoms are very convincing - why don't you take another test such as FRER - that one is pretty accurate, and hopefully you will get some answers then. Good luck!

Heyy:]
so i was stalking through your thread when i noticed that you said you had a neg preg test but you still have the symptoms.
I've had it before too and what it actually turned out to be was ovarian cysts:/
Im not saying you have them, but it might be better to go see a genyo and get their opinion because if it is ovarian cysts you want to get them taken care of fast or it will damage you.
Then again YOU MAY be pregnant:]
but i would go see a genyo.
Here's a enspiring story i thought that you might be interested in reading it..

For anyone who might come across this from google the majority of these symptoms sound exactly like ovarian cysts or uterine fibroids. Ovarian cysts are known to cause "pregnancy" like symptoms. I actually experienced this myself, although I did have an iud so I thought was unlikely I was pregnant. Like many of you, I took at least two pregnancy tests, then when I went to the doctor I had a urine as well as a blood tests performed which to my relief came back negative. The way I discovered my cyst is because I had been having pelvic pain, however, it was not caused by the cyst. The dr I saw thought immediately that I had PID, which I felt as if it was something else even though PID is common for an iud user. He ran tests all came back negative but he still wanted to put me on antibiotics but I refused and asked for an ultrasound. The results come back and low and behold I had a cyst what I'd thought the whole time! Turns out it was a complex ovarian cyst about five inches across. I had every early pregnancy symptom you could think of by the way. This is how I knew it was a cyst because the only other time I had this symptoms when not caused by pregnancy is when my hormones were high or on birth control. Later, I did find that most of my pelvic pain was caused by my iud which my body had been trying to expel for months. My periods were also very weird sometimes I didn't have one and sometimes I had spotting sometimes just plain heavy and long. For those of you who are wondering I did not have the mirena I had paragard which is supposed to make periods heavier at first but when I first got it I had no change to my period so it wasn't normal for my period to be the way it was. I hoped I have possibly helped someone with my incredibly long story.
good luck and lots of baby dust your way.

So your last period started on the 13th September? I'd say no, it doesn't sound like you are pregnant. Sorry if this is not what you were hoping, but our bodies can through a hell of a lot of crap at us sometimes and that includes altering our flow. The only bona fide pregnancy symptom is a missed period, and that's not 100%!

If you still have concerns about your cycle, I would talk to your doctor and they can run tests to check that everything is ok.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->