am I too ego?

mickey

Reaction score
well as I am with LO all day long when OH is at work, I have the impression I learned to interpret her signs what she needs or wants a lot already and OH is standing far behind with it!

but then, when I mean to know what she needs or wants and tell him so, he sometimes just don't want to listen and thinks he knows as well as I do :hissy:

am I to ego or is my feeling that he still can't interpret her signs as well as I do right???

hes prob feeling a bit put out at you telling him how to sort baby out, i know its hard, but sometimes you just need to bite your tongue and let him get on with it. hes wanting to help, and he prob feels you "telling" him is belittling. i only know this through experience x

Its the same with me and my OH. Because I'm with noah so much I've got to know his little ways more than my OH. Of a Morning I know not to get Noah washed and dressed until he's done his poo (always between 10-11am EVERYDAY) obv if we're going out then that changes! I know his diff cries, if he's hungry, bored or tired!
Sometimes my OH is like 'I dnt know whats wrong with him?' and I can just tell him.....most of the time i'm right!
Sometimes I will leave it and not say anything, but If we're in the middle of the night and Noah is screaming i'll just say 'try this!'

We're both quite equal & both still learning Caitlins ways

:D

You may both read her different but either way you both have to bond with her and learn. I say let him do his part, him not listening may be because he feels left out and doesn't want to be seen as useless to his LO.

thx guys :hi:

you are right, sometimes I should bit my tongue - I tend to be quite assertive in my nature - and leave him to make his own experiences with the baby care.

he puts so much effort into it anyway, what is really sweet :baby:

I had that too babe, I think you do learn what they want when you are at home with them all day, but I found the best thing to do was just let him get on with it, he soon had to learn fast and sometimes even listen to me :lol:

I agree, you should just let him try to do it on his own. If he doesn't calm her himself then it will take even longer for him to learn her reactions and what she wants.

I've told Jamie that I think it will be really hard for him, as he is an only child and there aren't very many babies he has ever been around.
Even when my cousin was born 5 months ago, he didn't want to hold her because he doesn't like to hold small babies. I ended up just walking up to him and setting her on his lap/in his arms. hehe
However, now that she is older, he has held her. He held her a few days ago during Christmas at my mothers.
No matter what though, I am going to let him do things on his own, that way he can learn. If he doesn't do it right the first time he can just give it another go.

Yeah no worries Mickey, just try. I think it's understandable though, especially if you're very assertive by nature, no doubt you'd be in this case too. So how r things going now, better?

yeah, the time over christmas, where OH was off work was just great. he could spend a lot of time with her and could catch up.

I just gave him small hints, like rubbing her eyes and yawning means she is tired (although they start to fight sleep at this age already) and if she tries to latch on somewhere or starts to suck her fingers means she is hungry.

thx guys :hi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->