am i wishful thinking???

curlygirl87

Reaction score
hi there still new to this site just jioned yesterday. I posted a few new threads in different places but on the same subject, i have missed my period this month it has currently been 51 days three neg hpt so got doctors appiontment tomorrow, i have heard that soemtimes the doctor will give you a blood test and this could turn out to be positive. I am WTT really but cant say that i would not be dissapionted if i was anyone else had this kind of experience or what are your opinions on this situation thanks again girlies the OH does not understand. :headspin:

Are you on the pill or other hormonal contraception?

Hey hun

There are many reasons for a missed period. It is possible that your body doesnt metabolise the hcg hormone, therefore not showing up on a pregnancy test - only a blood test will show this. If you have been using the pull out method there is a possibility you are pregnant, so I would ask the doctor to take a blood sample. Do you have any symptoms? Because if you are pregnant, you would be about 7 weeks now x

There could be a chance, id see what the GP has to say.

If you have regular cycles normaly id get your GP to do a blood test.

Things like stress and illness can affect your periods

thank you all girlies well im off to gp this morning hopefully get some answers thanks again

good luck at the doctors. I have seen a few people on here that have just missed a period! I hope you get some answers xx

Good luck sweety, and don't be dissapointed if it's bfn, you have plenty of time to try :thumbup:

I hope the doctors go well!

As the other WTT ladies have said, don't be too disappointed if its nothing, your time will come!

*hugs* x

Can I give a tip? If you are trying again to have a baby, I would suggest to try and find right time to catch the ovulation by using ovulation test after your period depends on how many days. It has worked for me and now my son is here. :) I used mymonthlycycles website it is telling me when ovulation should be up etc.xxx

thank you so much girls it sounds so silly when i look back at what i wrote i know now is not the right time in reality. i have got to go to the hosp this morning for another urine test and a blood test to test for other things such thyriod, diabetes things like that the doctor said its not likely that i am pregnant so in a way that is good news as i did really want to wait anyway thanks again for all your support

Glad you got the answer you wanted and I hope they sort out what's messing up your cycles soon. Just a side note though: If you're waiting to try (=don't want to get pregnant now) then the pull-out method really isn't the way to go. If you don't like using condoms all the time you could think about the pill or implant? Or an IUD if you don't want hormonal contraception. I think it'd be worth discussing with your gp or family planning clinic anyway.

thanks everyone has my blood test today should get my results in a few days will keep u posted whatever the out come x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->