AM vs PM

Miss Phoenix

Reaction score
Hello all,

As a mum of an (almost) 10yr old it has been many many moons since I contemplated pregnancy tests, and this month has been a very strange one with symptoms and bleeding very unlike my period 3 days before it was due and then a negative test today and now conflicting advice has me all confused! So! Is it true that AM urine has stronger levels of hcg than PM? I’ve always believed so but the NHS website says it doesn’t matter when you take it?

what do you think?

I think if you're testing close to when your period is due or after then it shouldn't matter what time of day you take the test. But I think general rule of thumb is that the first wee of the morning is meant to be the strongest. But I also see a lot of people on here who get better results other times of day!

Thanks for taking the time to reply :) I thought it would be something that varies (like everything else to do with TTC lol) but was just hoping a wee fairy godmother would pop on and tell me that testing in the afternoon with a not very full bladder was deffo going to give me a negative result and that I wasn’t out of the game yet lol clutching at straws again I fear!

I always tested better in the afternoon, but I could never resist testing first thing in the morning too. Good luck! ❤️

How far into your tww are you? Could it still be too early? Fingers crossed for you :hugs:

My lines were always darker in the afternoon/evenings , anything but FMU x

I was supposed to start my period on the 8th but started bleeding on the 5th, tried to convince myself it was implantation bleeding but was getting negative results from the one step tests, then read reviews that there were bad batches that weren’t picking up a positive result and giving control line to water, so convinced myself there was still a chance, FRER arrived yesterday and rather than wait till this morning I tried at about 2pm, negative, so convinced myself to try again this morning, negative again!

Need to admit defeat this month lol just couldn’t quite let go! Purely because of the random, lighter flow 3 days early and also between the 18th Sept and the 5th October, around my ovulation time, my resting heart rate shot up to the highest it’s ever been from 64bpm to 78bpm, so I was clinging on to that being when egg was fertilised.. oh well! Something weird may or may not be happening in my body this month but it’s not pregnancy!

Thanks for listening and the positive energy lovelies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->