Amara's Birth Story **Added pics**

Shabutie

Mum to Amara & #2 on way
Reaction score
Hi all,

I haven't been on here for so many months, as I had trouble with my laptop, but it's all sorted now, so wanted to write my birth story. Also, on a quick note, I wanted to say Congratulations to Lorna for the birth of her baby, he looks so cute- Well Done!

Back to the birth story:

Monday 27th December:

I was booked in for my induction today. I arrived at the hospital at 9am. I didnt get seen until 10.30am. They checked me, and I was already 1cm dilated, and she could strech it quite a bit. She gave me the prostin pessary and I had to wait until 4.30pm to be checked over again and given another one. Well between 3pm and 4pm I started getting tiny contractions and I thought it was going to happen that day. Well 4.30pm went by and I still hadn't been seen. They said that Labour ward was too busy and I'd just have to wait until they call me, it could be any time. 9pm came, still nothing and my partner Paul had to go home.

Tuesday 28th December:

They hadn't called me all night and Paul arrived at 9am. We had the plan to wait and get checked over, have another prostin pessary and then go for a LONG walk around the hospital to get things going. Well, they called me up at 10.30am. They checked me, and she said I was 4cm dilated, but she could stretch it to 5cm. She then broke my waters for me.

I was going to have an early epidural, as they said it would make things easier incase I needed to have a c-section or anything. (They said my chances of needed one were increased because of my size) I wasnt sure when to have it, and they said when the contractions get to much, then ask for it. So at 5.45pm I asked for it, as the pains were intense. But they said the ananesthetits had to go do a c-section and I'd have to wait an hour. I definatly couldn't wait an hour, but there was nothing they could do. I eventually went on the gas and air, as I was a little worried about taking it. It was very clever stuff as it took the pains away, but I didn't like how it made me feel- very strange. About 30mins later I told them it's ready to push, and I tried pushing. The midwife, Paul and my mum were telling me not to push, that I wasnt ready. I was adiment that I was. So the midwife checked me, and she said if I wanted to push then I could. 5 pushes later and at 6.24pm Amara was born weighing 7lbs 11oz. Her cord was loosely wrapped around her neck but they got it off easily and Paul cut it. I lost 3 pints of blood and had a second degree tear and a graze.

She was definatly worth it all. She is adorable.

So there is my birth story, feels strange having wrote it, after reading so many people's wishing that I could write my one.

xXx

Finally added some pics:

Attachments

• PC280186.jpg
    PC280186.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010292.jpg
    P1010292.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 32

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts