Amazing Birth Story of Lucas Joseph

MyOwnMiracle

Pregnant (Expecting)
Reaction score
Lucas Joseph entered this world 3 weeks early...on Wednesday, April 6, 2011 at 12:23 am. He weighed 6 lbs., 10 oz and was 20" long. Here's his story:

I was hospitalized for 10 days due to pregnancy-related hypertension. My blood pressure was out of control. I also had traces of protein in my urine, so they were monitoring me for preeclempsia. Luckily, it was just hypertenstion. My bp continued to rise...and the baby was of good weight/health...so they decided to induce me.

On Tuesday, April 5, 2011...they started to give me a pill inside my vaginal area to soften my cervix every 3 hours for a total of 3 pills. They said things would start happening after the third pill...but I started feeling contractions after the 2nd pill. It felt like very uncomfortable cramps. I hadn't felt anything like that up to this point. I asked for some meds...so they started me on Stadol. That worked FAST. I could see on the monitor that I was having strong contractions, close together, but I didn't feel a thing. That drug lasted about 4.5 hours. In the early evening...it started to wear off and for about 5-7 minutes...I felt extreme contractions. I asked for more Stadol...but they decided to give me an epidural (in the hopes that it would also lower my blood pressure). Once they gave me the epi...I didn't feel anything else after that.

My OB checked me every hour. What I forgot to mention is that before the meds to induce me were started...I was already 2cm dialated. Well...at 10:45pm I was 6cm dialated. Less than an hour later, when she checked me again, I was fully dialated. Moments before she checked me...I felt like I had to pee, so I wondered if the epi was wearing off, as I had a catheter inserted. Well...that feeling turned out to be my son coming down the canal. It just felt like I had to pee.

At 12:05am I started to push. Still not feeling a thing...but bearing down with all my might...I pushed my baby out and Lucas entered this world at 12:23am!

It was so easy...he made cries to let us know his airways were clear...then he was a quiet baby for the rest of the time he was in the room. That's basically his personality since he's been home.

I'm so in love with my son!

Attachments

• 100_2212.jpg
    100_2212.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 24
Sounds perfect and he's a real cutie congratulations. x

Hes sooooo gorgeous!! congratulations hun, what a lovely birth story! hope you are both doing well... ive updated you on the team blue thread :) xxx

He's adorable, congratulations :flower:

Congratulations what a lil cutey :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"