Amelis new weight!!!!!!!!!

bexxie

Reaction score
just weighed melie and she is 14lbs 7 how fat is that?

which brings me to ask...........she is having 7 bottles of 7ozs and seems strving an hour later would you
1 put on white sma
2 give baby rice carry on with sma gold

i am also BF in between feeds she sleeps 10pm - 8am so not wanting during night what to do?

any advice welcome
bex.x

Wow bex Kayleigh's only 12lb 10.

Personally i would go with SMA white first and see how she goes. I would try and see if you can get to 16 weeks b4 weaning, especially as she has some eczema, it will reduce risk of food intolerances. I would at the minimum wait until 12 weeks if you can (the guidelines when Gabriel was small)

I knew Alisha was ready to be weaned 'cos as well increased milk, and being even more hungry than normal, if she was sat on your knee and you were eating she would follow the spoon and often try and lunge at it.

If at all possible I'm going to try and wait till 6 months to wean Kayleigh, i wanted to wait longer with Alisha, but she was so hungry i had no choice.

i think 12lb 10 is excellent you must have gold top in there lol

i was going to try and build supply up to feed just breast but not now esp with going back to work.

i will try and hang it out and i aint suprised at weight chloe was 32lbs at 6 months so she is just following her i guess,i do fat ones like me ha ha

i never tried rice will go straight onto rusks,chloe used to have 4 a day lol with her three meals and afters and 6 bottles of 7 oz white no wonder she was huge!

Thanks for the advice

Bex.x

Def avoid rice before 4 months like Caroline says it increases the risk of food intollerances and things like asthma and eczema and may make her over weight.
Certainly avoid rusk in bottles as the average rusk contains the same amount of sugar as a doughtnut!!! and puting this in a bottle is going to badly rot baby teeth when they come through.

Certainly give a try of SMA white, but be prepared for a couple of days of upset tum when you change formula. She cant be to starving as she is still sleeping through, if she starts waking at night again for feeds thats normally more of an indication that she isnt getting enough. I wouldnt worry about how much she is feeding at the mo, I weaned Noah at 4 months, cause he was on 8 9oz bottles of SMA White a day, so she is doing fine.

Awww bless she's catching up with Alex! I definately wouldn't touch any solids before 17 weeks minimum, that's just my personal opinion though. As for formula haven't got a scooby, but I've heard that SMA White can give them tummy upsets at first because it's harder to digest.

Right I will just persever I will probably wean around week 16-17 if she is a good weight and by that I mean at least 16 pounds. I think I will leave the White for now and see how it goes.
Thanks girls.

What does Alex weigh now Kina?
Bex.x

rhys only weighs 14lb and hes 6 months old lol!!!

Right I will just persever I will probably wean around week 16-17 if she is a good weight and by that I mean at least 16 pounds. I think I will leave the White for now and see how it goes.
Thanks girls.

What does Alex weigh now Kina?
Bex.x

Alex was 14lb 14.5oz two weeks ago so I guess that he's probably put on another 1lb since then (he does a 1lb every couple of weeks now). So probably a good 15lb 8oz-16lb.
I don't understand why weight comes into weaning? Ella was around 17lb when I first introduce food to her.

weight comes into it as it means that physically there bodies need the extra something ie;food milk just isnt enough.

You think an above average weight baby albeit only 4 months say weighs same as a 6 month old then it is right to give them the extra. You could argue there digestive systems are not mature enough but by 4 months this is deemed fine in hungrier babies.

I actually weaned Chloe at 12 weeks as she was so hungry and white SMA and 9 bottles a day was way too much for her so I had to start Rusks.

It is down to each baby but I told HV today and she said you know what you are doing and she is good weight to do so.

Bex

She said I can go with the flow from 12 weeks,basically she knows I will do my own thing (providing its all ok)but just try Rice she said I am going for the Rusk. I am not silly,I will follow what I did for Chloe.

If she isnt ready then I will know but at the moment she is wolfing down 8 oz's 6-7 times a aday and that just isnt good for her belly to have that much milk. I have started White now too which is thicker. What i was thinking was as soon as she starts waking through night I will know she is ready
Bex

Was Amelia early? Did the HV say to take that into consideration with weaning?

she was 2 weeks early but a hefty 8lb's 13 so her weight was considerably high for her gestation. The HV is happy,of course will be monitored,like I said as soon as she serioulsey wakes through night again I will then defiantely know she is ready
B

I wasn't sure whether I needed to add 3-4 weeks onto the time that I wean Alex, i.e if I was going to wait til 6 months if I had to wait til nearly 7 months etc.

It depends if his weight was a good weight for their guidlines I think Alex was a good size wasnt he. It is worth checking with your HV for that. i think if he is above average weight when 14 plus weeks then it can be done if he is hungry and needing it. Did you say he is waking again,could that be needing a little bit of baby rice with breast milk,I would definately ask your HV as Alex is a big boy isnt he.

Oh god it gets so confusing doesnt it

He was 6lb 1oz when he was born and is around 15lb 8oz now, I'm not sure whether he's 13 or 14 weeks (that sounds awful!) but he was 3 months last week. He is nowhere near ready for weaning at the moment, he's not sitting up, has tongue reflex and is still too much of a baby, but I was just wondering about him being slightly early and whether I have to take that into consideration with his age.

He's a chunk! He was 14 14.5oz a couple weeks ago, bless his flabby rolls lol

Hi babe, Alfie has been on white for a long time now, he only has 5oz at a time and has 4-5 bottles in a 24hour period, he has really evened out with his eating now, although he still weighs 17lbs!! So maybe he will start to even that out too....I think you would be wise to go over to white now babe in my opinion, it certainly helped satisfy Alfie more when we did it. x

oh my gosh!!!

my rhys must be really underweight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->