American horror story - The Coven (May contain SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'TV, Film & Entertainment' started by Lief, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Lief

Lief Well-Known Member

Anybody watching? I watched the first episode today and it seems good so far. I don't like Emma Roberts character but maybe she gets better.

I quite like how they reuse the actors/actresses as different characters for each season.

2. july2013

july2013 Guest

Haven't watched it yet, but I will seeing as I watched the first 2 seasons.

3. Lief

Lief Well-Known Member

What did you think of the first 2?
    I liked the first season, it was new and I loved the twists and the story. I wasn't such a big fan of the second though. I watched it but near the end I was thinking ugh, just get this over with lol.

4. july2013

july2013 Guest

Same, I loved the first seasons story line with the Harmons. I was hooked from the start, whereas with the 2nd I only kept watching because I had loved the first season.

5. Lief

Lief Well-Known Member

Haha yeah they started off ok with the second season then they brought aliens in and the possession of the nun (can't remember any names my brain has decided to go on holiday) and the doctor doing loads of weird experiments on the patients, not to mention the killer haha. I think they tried to fit too much in one season.

6. july2013

july2013 Guest

Yeah, I was very lost by that point. Hopefully Coven is more like the first one!

7. Haydensmom92

Haydensmom92 Guest

love this show! Been hooked since season 1!

8. Tweak0605

Tweak0605 Mama of 1

Loved season 1; season 2 I was not a fan of! It just had too much going on for me. We haven't watched Coven yet, but I'm hoping it's good.

9. Lief

Lief Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to think atm, Madison really annoys me and the mother scene with Kyle was quite weird. Oh and what the hell was that bull/man scene with Queenie about?

I'm still watching though, it's much better than the second series so far.

10. july2013

july2013 Guest

It still hasn't started in the UK and Ireland yet I don't think, which is weird :shrug:

11. Lief

Lief Well-Known Member

I'm being naughty, a friend from America sends it to me after it has aired there.

12. july2013

july2013 Guest

Just searched for it on Sky and ep 2 is on tomorrow! So I missed the 1st one! Guess I'll have to play catch up online! Eek I'm excited!

13. Abii

Abii Mommy to 5 perfect kids & #6 otw♡

Lovee this show. I hate when they take mid-season breaks:dohh: lol

14. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

Does anyone know when the new episodes are back on? I'm dying here- stupid holidays- break for American Thanksgiving and a couple weeks at Christmas :(

15. justhoping

justhoping Guest

loved season one had to take a bit to love season two..season three not sure of

16. baileybubs

baileybubs Well-Known Member

Is anyone still watching this? I loved the first season, ended up loving the second although half way through wasn't so sure on it, and this third season I'm finding a bit much now. There's far too much going on with witches and voodoo, ghosts, zombies, witch hunters, it's just a bit OTT this time. Although maybe it will come back around for me like season 2, I admit the alien thing put me off season 2 as well but in the end I loved it.

17. Lief

Lief Well-Known Member

Mid way through Season 2 it just got weird and I stopped watching, I'm not sure about this season. I still watch but I don't rush to watch the episode when I get it like I did with Season 1. I'm hoping its just me being a bit weird and I will get back into it again soon.

18. Jes.shortcake

Jes.shortcake Well-Known Member

Nothing beats Season 1!

19. Equreuil

Equreuil Well-Known Member

I agree. 1st season was amazing but Asylum was really kinda blah. I feel like they tried to put too many different themes into it.

I've really enjoyed Coven so far, though. Some of the plot twists have really been surprising.