Ammonia, ewwww...

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Ok, I'm actually hoping that the reason Sofia stinks of ammonia really badly today is to do with the nappies, because according to the wisdom of google it's either that or she has a UTI, and she is actually ill at the moment...
I mean, the amonia is so strong it makes my eyes water when I take the nappy off, even when she was only in it 2 hours and that was a new nappy so I don't think it would've built up much smell yet!
What do you guys think?

aww no hope she is ok... if'd say it could be a uti but could also be the nappy, if its fairly new it might not wick away properly yet and could be more smelly that way or could be a uti, hope its not tho hun..... :hugs: to sofia xx

:shock:

leylas nappies have been really stinking aswell of late, i thought it was cos she wasnt getting enough water so her wee was strong, i didnt know it meant she could have a uti!!!

x

The only time I smell ammonia like that it is when I take a 2 day old Pop In out of my nappy bucket :sick: it totally makes my eyes water. You did say your nappies smelt though, so maybe it's her wee at the time mixing with the wee smell in the nappy and making it doubly strong?? Maybe you could try her nappyless for a while or in a nappy that def doesn't smell?

Maybe? I hope she doesn't have a UTI. :hugs:

Hoping it is just the nappies. Her temperature is normal, and she's not in pain which I'm sure she'd be in with UTI. I'll be keeping an eye on her, and the nappies are in on a hot wash!

What type of diapers are you using? It could most def be the diapers

Using lots of different kinds! Think it is the nappies, she didn't have a temp but I offered her water through the night too just in case.

I always wash them on a quick wash at 40 degrees so think therein lies the problem and I should do a hot wash at least once per week.

Did a hot wash last night and just putting them through again for good measure!

Teething can cause the strong ammonia smell too!

Yes I was going to say the same as Blah.

Byron's nappies smell of ammonia in the morning and his bin is beyond anything even when it's the first nappy in after a wash!

Ooo, thanks Blah and PB, had no idea about the teething! Sofia has been constantly teething for about 3 months, but still no teeth, perhaps one is finally going to pop!

I never knew that either! Weird. I slightly wish Freya smelt now!! :rofl:

Microfiber is known for starting to smell like ammonia overtime too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"