Amnio synthesis

petite ping

Reaction score
I got my blood tests back and I got a 1/200 chance for Trisomy.

Apparently I fall into a risk group as the limit is 1/250 and I will be doing an amnio synthesis in a week and a bit.

This is my third pregnancy and the first time with an anmnio synthesis so I am a bit worried.

Can anyone tell me about their experience?

One of my good friends just had an amniocentesis, she was sore for several days but took it really easy for about a week after! She has done well so far and her baby is doing ok, she does have down syndrome and a heart condition but she's doing well!!

I had my amnio synthesis yesterday.

The clinic was very professional and explained all the steps along the way. However I was a bit frustrated that they didn't discuss more about the reasons why I needed to take the test and the possible consequences (I have a low papp-A reading) - though I understand why they didn't - hysterical or stressed out mums to be is not good for the baby or for the test.

It hurt as much as a blood test but I felt and still feel sore around the entry point. The test was unpleasant but not painful. I did cry at some point - more because of the stress than anything. Afterwards they let me see my baby on the screen (they advised me to look at the ceiling during the test itself).

I have to take painkillers for the next few days (for any small contractions I might have) and take it easy.

OH came along for support and has been treating me like I'm made of glass.

The preliminary results should come in Friday.

I had one 2 weeks ago. It honestly didn't hurt for me. Wasn't the most comfortable thing but was so quick.

I didn't have any pains at all afterwards although was told it was perfectly normal to for a few days after.
I found the wait for the results worse.

Hope all goes well for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"