Amniotic fluid high?

MrsHedgehog

Reaction score
I had a no stress test today and baby was moving so much that they couldn't get a decent reading. The doctor decided to do a quick scan and she said the baby was moving so much because there is a lot of fluid. She didn't say any more than that. Of course as soon as I got home I googled it and am now really scared. Anyone else have high fluid levels? I'm 40+3 and this is my second pregnancy.

I have excess fluid. It's called polyhydramnios. Have you actually been diagnosed with it? Have a look in your maternity notes. I think if you have concerns and it hasn't been explained to you, you should go back to your midwife/doctor x

At all previous scans it says amniotic fluids are normal but there are no actual measurements recorded so I can't tell if they've always been on the high side. I have to go back again tomorrow so will ask more.

Same exact thing happened to me. Went in for a NST because I was passed my due date, and was told I had A LOT of extra fluid, me being wise came home and of course went directly to google and scared myself to the point of crying myself to sleep! Don't ever google, you will just worry yourself for no reason. Anyway when I went in to be induced, the nurses and doctors didn't even care about the excess fluid, it was brushed off as something minor. The only effect it had on me is when my water broke, the entire room flooded otherwise my baby came out perfectly healthy and labor went smoothly. The chances of excess fluid(esp really late onset) effecting your baby is slim, I wouldn't worry about it and definitely stay off google! :hugs:

I've had it for a while- like since 27 weeks. My Dr. has me control it through diet- low carb, no sugar. I do not have GD. She said if mine got too high it could cause labor or some blood restriction through the umbilical cord, but so far it has not and has been managed through diet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->