Amoxycillin in pregnancy ... Anyone used it ??

Natty_babez

Alexa-Jayne & Daisy-Mae
Reaction score
Hi

I have been prescribed amoxycillin for an inner ear infection and sinnitus and the doctor has assured me it is safe to use in pregnancy and I've googled it and it confirms this and I've also read the leaflet enclosed and it just says to make sure the doctor knows I'm taking it and to use with caution but I'm still a bit worried.

Has anyone got any advice or has anyone taken this and been ok ? I'm so paranoid about losing this baby I won't even take paracetamol and I know I need to take this antibiotics because I'm in agony but just looking for some advice or personal experiences ?

Xxx

I had it with my last pregnancy for a tooth infection so I wouldn't worry, if you've been prescribed it and they know it's not harmful it's better for you to feel better for baby z

I took it in pregnancy due to an infected wisdom tooth and it was fine.

Took it once or twice already. I have had a uti 2x and bv once. No ill effects and baby was a week ahead last scan. It's better to take then not an uncheck infection can enter the blood stream, cause preterm labor etc

I took it for a UTI, totally safe! Prescribed by my OB actually.

I took it for 10 days at week 5-6. Both GP and OB said it was safe and baby seems healthy so far :)

I took it a few weeks ago I think I was 17 weeks and baby is fine and measuring on track

Thanks everyone that's put my mind at ease a little I'm hoping it starts to work soon as I'm in agony with my head and ear

Xxx

Last time round I took a bundle of antibiotics & Tamiflu at 35/36 weeks. I had no choice in the matter DS doesn't appear to have suffered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->