an ACTUAL baby list?

podders91

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

Shouldn't be in this section yet as i'm still growing my LO, but i've been trawling sites looking for a baby list for more natural parenting. So far i've found nothing that is really my thing, so I'm after some help from the ladies who are already doing it.

A little info:
I'm not looking to co-sleep for various reasons, so my list does have a crib for our room, before LO moves to their cotbed in their own room.
I do have a pram, as OH isn't comfortable with babywearing, but I intend to fully, or at least 80% babywear, so I have wraps on my list.
I plan to breastfeed, but don't know the best, or most convenient way of doing this, i.e pumping and bottle feeding, sticking to breast only, mixing the two for home and out and about...
i plan on a lotus birth if possible (keeping the whole placenta attached until it detaches naturally). if anyone has done this, what extras, if anything, did you need to care for and carry the placenta?

anyways, i'm hoping some of you can give me an all round list of baby equipment that you actually use, rather than a list of everything you could ever need but would actually sit in the box for years! and possibly some recommendations of what you have bought and found useful?

Thanks! :happydance:

There really isn't that much you need to buy. The most natural things are free or cheap or improvised really.

I did use a buggy quite a bit, as well as various baby carriers. I think if you plan on using one, it is worth spending the money on a good pushchair that will parent face for as long as possible. I kept my kids PF until they stopped using the buggy - if you're not going to carry them, I think this is the next best thing as at least they can see your face then. I'm sure in my case it's genetic too but both of my kids were early talkers and I put that down, in part, to always being able to see my face and chat properly while in the buggy. On the odd occasion that we put them FF, it felt very wrong not to be able to talk properly!

If you're going to BF, I'd just plan to BF direct from the breast. If you introduce bottles, you're taking the disadvantages of FF and adding them into the mix e.g. sterilising, cleaning bottles, expressing milk, storing it, defrosting, sniffing it, warming it up, then still having to sit and feed LO when you already spent twice as long expressing the milk in the first place! All you need for BF really is a decent nipple cream, a couple of comfy bras, some easy access tops (or tops you can layer e.g. vest top and a normal top over the top), some breast pads (I found washable ones so much nicer than disposable)... I think that's all I needed.

Organic cotton breast pads are nice. An ergo carrier for when the baby is too heavy for the moby wrap. You may want a pump anyway if you have to leave your baby to be watched.
Medela is the best.
I used born free glass bottles since I didn't like the idea of plastic. Get some natural baby products like Burt's bees soap and diaper cream.
That's all I can think of for now.
Nursing tank tops are great because you can keep most Of your body still covered while nursing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->