an amazing natrual mama birth story

milkmachine

Formally uv
Reaction score
this contains graphic photos of birth but its all so beautiful! though some people in here might be interested.
https://docs.google.com/View?id=dhcwj3xv_46g768cgcs

:cry: that should have been me :(

So beautiful though :hugs: Thanks for sharing x

wow its very interesting cant say i would ever do some of that stuff but certainly interesting to see

i thought it was everything that i should have had. im glad that she went into the prep for the placenta also. im very glad that i did that with faith.

CANT wait to do it all again

Tell me about it :( I can't believe how far from what I planned my labour went - it was like a nightmare *shudders*

I was absoutly gutted, I wanted to leave the placenta attatched but they completely ignored me and just went and chopped it off! There was nothing wrong :shrug: damn hospitals.

my midwife in the end was fab to her credit she didnt do anything with faiths placenta or cord until i was happy for her to do so

Lovely story and fantastic photos. I also wish it was how my birth had gone. I am still not in a place where I can read perfect birth stories and feel 100% happy, I am still bitterly upset about mine.

I would love to have something even close to that next time.

That was lovely. Thanks for sharing. I would love a homebirth with my next. x

Beautiful - thanks so much for posting that. I'm going to show it to my husband, as he's hoping to catch little boy and it's really nice to see photos of the dad taking such an active role. It'll be so lovely if our baby can be born into his daddy's arms. :cloud9:

Wow, thankyou so much for posting that. I loved the tandem nursing pics. I did exactly the same thing with shouting for 'Olivia' herself when I had felt the head. You have made me very excited about doing it all again :cloud9:

I posted in first tri, but wanted to add here that like Kirsten, I'm still very upset about my own birth and how far it was from what I had hoped for, which was mostly in this birth story.

But I think it is really great to share these inspirational stories and promote normal birth :thumbup:

Next time I WILL have a MW who knows what she is doing and I WILL give birth!

Also, had to add, despite the horror that was my birth, Jake still managed to whip his shirt off and have skin to skin with Freya despite a room full of docs bustling around. I was so pleased he did that, considering the situation :cloud9:

this story was so beautiful and inspiring :) thank you for sharing!

I love that story!

I was lucky - Bun was born in the wrong city (LOL) a month early and everything was unplanned, but the birth was everything I could have hoped for. Mostly thanks to my amazing midwife (and advocate!) I didn't have a specific plan because I wanted to be able to be flexible, but for a hospital birth it was amazing. For my next, I will also probably have a hospital birth as well, since my doc said I have a good chance of going into labour early again. The only thing is I wish that my OH was as involved as hers seems to be.

Shifter - I agree - A good midwife can make all the difference in the world. My midwife was my saviour during the pregnancy. Considering the craziness and uncertainty surrounding it, she was a rock and advocated for me when all the docs wanted to interfere and turn my natural birth into something totally unnecessary.

xx

I too had a birth far from what Id wanted last time, involving hordes of people, monitors everywhere, legs in stirrups flat on my back unable to move. I wasnt traumatised by it so much but disappointed that it was so far from what it could and should have been.
I hope to have something similar to this story this time round. I really want to just allow my body to do what it should (and it can, even if it protests!) and luckily my midwife is very supportive and completely understands that I want to do this myself, shes there 'just incase' and isnt to try and guide me or get in the way with anything.
I just really hope it can go as well as I constantly imagine it going....fingers crossed I will be able to report back to you lot and tell you it was perfect giving those who had not so great births last time that "next" time can be wonderful :)

I posted in first tri, but wanted to add here that like Kirsten, I'm still very upset about my own birth and how far it was from what I had hoped for, which was mostly in this birth story.

But I think it is really great to share these inspirational stories and promote normal birth :thumbup:

Next time I WILL have a MW who knows what she is doing and I WILL give birth!

i have more stories that ive dug up from around then net if youd like to see them? im glad youve taken alot from it i have too its made me totally inspired x

Wow....how amazing was that. I like all the post - partum info. too ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->