an embarassing question (TMI!) post IVF

Mrs T

Reaction score
:blush: So sorry for the TMI!!! :blush:

After my failed IVF my period is here, all is normal other than am finding it hard to use tampons. Its ok putting it it but it hurts on removal (sorry for the tmi), I had a panic earlier today cause I thought the tampon wasnt going to come out. Ever since egg collection I've felt slightly tender down there and when I cough I get a sharp pain. I understand things take time to healing but has anyone had this problem post IVF?

Sorry can't advise on post IVF stuff but wanted to comment anyway.

I have not been the same since the lap and dye (subtle difference) so imagine any fiddling in that region could case tenderness for a while. Always best to speak to doctor about it though.

I have always used Tampons until Lap and Dye and have since used towels as was advised too with first period and then found i prefered them. I know towels are more unpleasant but for me it feels much healthier now. The risk of infections is much greater with tampons and I don't feel so crampy and uncomfortable with towels. I feel freer too weirdly. :blush:This is all very personal but thought i would get it out there anyway...sorry. Maybe you should use towels for the time being whilst you are tender down there.

Any thoughts on whether you will do another cycle. You may have said already, rubbish memory. Bye for now.

Thanks, I ended up buying towles todays.... takes a bit of getting used too!
I feel like my pelvic muscles are weak, maybe I should be doing some buttock clenching!!!

Am planning to start treatment again on my next cycle, 3ish weeks away! am one of the May IVF-er's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->