An Old Loss

xvmomovx

Zeth & Liam's Mommy
Reaction score
This is not something I share easily or often in detail but I feel the need to share it here and now for some reason.

I got pregnant when I was 15 years old. I took several pregnancy tests over a period of 2 months after missing periods but they were all negative. I started experiencing some pain and went to my first ever OBGYN appointment. I was terrified and the doctor was horrible. To this day I get a panic attack when going for routine pelvic exams. I found out I was pregnant and I was terrified.

My mum was happy, I was scared (I couldn't even get a job as I was too young), and my boyfriend at the time wanted to pick out names while all I could do was cry.

The next day I had to go back for an ultrasound and blood test and it was determined that I was quite far along (2nd trimester) but the baby was not in my uterus. I had an ectopic pregnancy.

I was only pregnant for days and I was never happy about it because I was too scared to be. It only really hit me after the surgery when I was told that one of my tubes was cut and tied because the baby was too big to spare the tube.

I experienced severe depression and a longing for my baby who was gone forever, not to mention the guilt because when I was pregnant I just wanted it all to go away.

I look back now 14 years later as I have always done through the years. I wonder what she would have looked like, what she would be like... what I would be like. I can't imagine having a teenager now...

I have always felt that she is somewhere else with all the other people I love who are gone. This is an old loss but it still stings and I still long for that baby I never got to hold. It is easier now but I still don't know why and I guess I never will.

awww im sorry.
Ectopics are deadly. I am so sorry you had to experience that.

awww im sorry.
Ectopics are deadly. I am so sorry you had to experience that.

Yes they are... I was told by several doctors that they were surprised I didn't die or at least go into shock

Hugs to you and well done for telling your story xx

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how you feel. Don't feel guilty for how you felt when you were 15. You were just a kid who was confused. Finding out you're pregnant at that age is a shock and it's scary. Your baby will always be with you by spirit and heart.

so sorry for your loss hun! dont ever feel guilty, shock affects people in different ways as does guilt, your little angel no doubt knows you would have loved her beyond belief!

sending you lots of hugs xxxxx

hey hun I had my first loss one day before my 16th birthday and never spoke about it until this year after the birth of my last child. My daughter was born at 20 weeks and it was all hushed up by my mum and dad.

I can finally grieve as I have my little portal here to let it all out, hope you feel slightly relieved for letting it out now and may your little angel RIP xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->