An update about anesthesia and aspirin

autumnx

Reaction score
I posted last week about some issues I've been having with conflicting information regarding being on baby aspirin and anesthesia.

I have Factor V Leiden but no clots/risk factors so they put me on baby aspirin at 4 weeks due to RPL. At 34 weeks I was told to come off of it. I couldn't. I didn't understand why. Really upset about it. Well, I talked to the hospital and they said that it's the hospitals policy that they will not give you an epidural or a spinal block if you have taken aspirin within a week. They won't even give you a blood test to check anything. It's a solid no, they won't do it. I guess they have their reasons. Someone probably had complications. I'm not sure.

I talked to my MFM and two OB's who both said I really should come off for my safety because I am most likely having a c-section (breech baby, can't turn her) so at 36 weeks I stopped taking it. I'm so scared. :cry:

I just feel like this is what got her here but I've been doing a lot of reading and I guess stopping around this time is protocol for a lot of women. I'm just really worried about it.

I took aspirin due to RPL and stopped at 34 weeks. Got a healthy baby girl now :)

The risk of bleeding out was higher than the risk to my daughter. At that point if something were to happen it'd be obvious due to reduced movement for example and then they would whip her out. But nothing did happen. My placenta was intact and very healthy. No clots at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->