Anatomy scan problems

BigTime2014

Reaction score
So I was just told Friday that the results of my 20 week anatomy scan said I have marginal placenta previa and they want me on pelvic rest, so I said no sex? And the nurse said yes. Is it just sex? Or should I be limiting everything? I am going to call my md office on monday to clarify, but they didn't seem too concerned yet. Apparently my cervix is closed and looks good as far as length. The placenta is next to it, not overlapping, and I've not had any bleeding so far. *knock on wood* Anyone else had this, and have it turn out ok?? What kind of restrictions did you have?Also I was told pictures of babys right ventricle in his heart were not showing clear blood flow and they are rescheduling me for a scan at 26 weeks to re-check....does this sound right? The tech did have a really hard time with pictures of his heart cuz he was moving around and putting his legs over his head. I nearly lost it over the phone yesterday, you never want to hear of issues and I had a bunch, so I'm going to call again on monday. Any insight or similar instances would be appreciated. Prayers too for my little man's heart

I have complete previa, but only the edge of my placenta is in the way and I've had no bleeding or other symptoms. I was also diagnosed at 20 weeks. They didn't seem terribly concerned, they did want me on pelvic rest, but for me they said that meant no sex, no tampons, no "strenuous" exercise, and no lifting more than 20lbs. I think people who have symptoms/bleeding generally get tighter restrictions. Just call your OB and ask, and in the meantime take it easy.

I had complete as well. I was not put on pelvic rest. We dtd all the way through except during the occasional bleeds. My DD is 5 weeks old now, so all went well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->