And finally we are all home!!! :-)

Lola_1986

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
sorry it's taken so long for me to update you but things have been a little hectic hehe.

My story in a nutshell.....
....Sept 10th 21:25pm my hubby sat on my foot whilst watching tv causing me to twitch and my waters broke.
22:15pm I arrived at hospital and upon examination I was told I was in labour (I was never in any doubt lol)
After a very very quick labour at 35+2, Laila was born at 23:25pm weighing 5lb 8oz shortly followed by her brother Max at 00:19am weighing 5lb 13oz. All was well for the first 12hrs then Laila was admitted to NICU for respiratory reasons and Max was rushed to a specialst childrens hospital for surgery. So my twins were separated at around 20hrs old and weren't reunited until they were just over 2 weeks old. My husband and I had such a traumatic time in those 2 weeks trying to be with both our babies who were in hospitals 50 miles apart and also trying to spend time with our 13month old who was at home. I have never felt so torn in all my life!
it took 4days for my little Max to come round from the morphine from his op but he got there in the end but lost a lot of weight as he wasn't feeding. Laila got worse as she caught an infection whilst in NICU and needed further treatment for this.
However.....I am happy to report that both my babies are safely at home. We have had just over a week at home to adjust to our new family life and couldn't be happier. I am so pleased to have all my babies under 1 roof and although at times I am exhausted, I am never too tired to realise how lucky I am :-D
We still have to go to the hospital regularly for check ups etc but both my babies are recovering very well.

Here are some pics I've taken since we've been home.

Thanks for reading xx

Attachments

• 20131012_135004.jpg
    20131012_135004.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20131012_034202.jpg
    20131012_034202.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20131010_135846.jpg
    20131010_135846.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 19
  • 20131008_130320.jpg
    20131008_130320.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 31
Aw welcome home little ones I'm sure it's such a relief that must have been so hard!!! They are such gorgeous babies honestly they are just beautiful!! Xx

Aww they are so cute. Twins on different days! I can't imagine how difficult it has been for you, glad to hear they are home safe :)

so pleased you are all home together they are gorgeous!!!

Congrats.... U're babies are beautiful Ma sha Allah

Thanks Gemma :) how r u finding it? Xx

Honestly not too bad they are soo funny at the minute starting to coo and laugh :) makes up for the hard months we had up until now has taken a while to get into the swing of things! How is it going with 3?!? Lol xx

Honestly not too bad they are soo funny at the minute starting to coo and laugh :) makes up for the hard months we had up until now has taken a while to get into the swing of things! How is it going with 3?!? Lol xx

Awww good I'm glad you're ok n settled. I've managed to keep my little big man to his routine so he just carries on as normal at night which is good as he sleeps around 12hrs every night and the twins only have me up once during the night. Daytimes haven't been too bad at the min as my hubby has been off work so there's always been 1 of us around to pay him some attention. However hubby goes back to work tmoz so thats gna be when the real fun starts n see how I cope then lol xx

Congratulations! They are absolutely beautiful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->