and walking does what?

ab2401

Reaction score
Its said walking helps labor along. I know the baby is going to come when she wants but I'm just curious as to what walking really does.

Does it soften the cervix?
Does it help you dilate faster?
~or~
Does it help the baby drop fast?

any one really know?
all or the above or none?

My mom has always said that walking helps the baby along, she also swears that it helps with the delivery

I suppose it's the fact that you are standing up, so baby is putting pressure on??
I remember needing to stand up in the hospital corridoor (I was there a while) and my mum was encouraging me to sit down but a midwife told her that if I stood it'd be more painful, but labour would progress alot quicker.

Well walking gets all those muscles moving along, and helps them do what they need to do.

Gravity Baby!!! lol, that is what my Ob told me at least :blush:

I'm not sure how it works exactly, but i exercise helps shorten labor. Maybe it has something to do with endorphins (released during exercise) speeding up the process. I guess the important thing is that it works lol.

yeah I guess you right.

I just dont know how much exercise I can really do with the watermelon on my belly. :rofl:

yup gravity.... the pressure of babies head on your cervix helps it to dilate :
)

I went for a 1 hour walk the day I went into labour. They say it helps "thin" the cervix.

While i was in labour though I did not walk much. But I did stay upright and was alternating between kneeling and rocking back and forth on all fours. It definitely helped me dilate faster I think since gravity can kinda help you in that position plus it allows your hips to widen more than if you are laying on your back.

yup gravity, also if you have an excerise ball that works just as well, it helps your cervix to soften, and if you have a bad back or pelvis, takes the pressure of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->