and yeat another constipation thread...

arlosmama

Reaction score
ok ladies...a few questions...

what is the longest you have gone without going? Are you on Zofran? How effective is Miralax? Will it work overnight? I tried Milk of Magnesia last week and it was a nightmare...I am at the end of my rope...it has been 8 days today (granted I have hyperemesis so I am not keeping everything down) but I am keeping some food down. I just can't drink a lot and fruits and veggies and fiber one bars are not an option as they make me so sick...any advice? I feel like my next BM will be when the baby comes (in 30 weeks) and it will probably weigh more than my bean!!!

Also...prune juice, prunes, and apple juice isn't an option...I am basically eating toast and that is about it...

I haven't been for a poo for around 2 weeks, its horrible and don't know what to do about it. I sometimes think I'm not actually pregnant and just growing a poo baby.
I hate it when I feel like I have to go and then get to the loo and no luck. Oh the joy! :haha:

Are you getting enough liquids with the hyperemesis? I'm wondering if it's time to think about IV fluids - dehydration can play a big role in constipation.

If you are able to keep down water, there are tasteless fiber supplements you can add to it that could help. And of course, if you're eating toast then making sure it's a whole grain, high fiber variety is a good idea.

During the worst of my constipation I went about a week without going. I found that exercise, stool softeners and making sure I got fiber in every meal made a big difference for me. But I'm guessing that you're feeling too crappy to work out right now :(

I'm laughing at "poo baby," because I'm mature like that. :D

Three days is the longest I've gone. It came loose (truly!) after I guzzled a glass of non-alcoholic cider mixed with prune juice.

about 10 days i got some stuff and the docs but it dont work at all i hind i can go when im alittle stressed lol i dont go much at all and its driving me nuts

Are you getting enough liquids with the hyperemesis? I'm wondering if it's time to think about IV fluids - dehydration can play a big role in constipation.

If you are able to keep down water, there are tasteless fiber supplements you can add to it that could help. And of course, if you're eating toast then making sure it's a whole grain, high fiber variety is a good idea.

During the worst of my constipation I went about a week without going. I found that exercise, stool softeners and making sure I got fiber in every meal made a big difference for me. But I'm guessing that you're feeling too crappy to work out right now :(

Looks lie we all will have "poo babies"...lucky us...

I am getting IV fluids. I get them at home 3 times a week. Six litres total. I am mostly crushing ice and eating that since too much fluid makes me throw up worse. This sucks...it isnt fair to be puking and constipated. It should be one or the other...

Thanks ladies...looks like me and the old Magnesia have a date tonight...thanks jeebus for Netflix on the computer...last time I went through this I watched about 6 episodes of 30 Rock...well...at least I might get some privacy for a change...

I'm laughing at "poo baby," because I'm mature like that. :D

Three days is the longest I've gone. It came loose (truly!) after I guzzled a glass of non-alcoholic cider mixed with prune juice.

I felt a bit immature writing it, but I couldn't think of a better way to put it :haha:
But really? That combo sounds truely appetising :S

Miralax like most other meds can take 1 to 3 days to have an impact. I was having an awful case of constipation last week, and a greasy burger and a walk around the grocery finally got things moving for me after trying everything else I could come up with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->