Anemia?

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
how soon can iron levels drop?
im a little concerned I may have become anemic thanks to google!

I only had my anemia blood test about 3 weeks ago and MW said it was fine, but the last couple of days I have been feeling REALLY weak! ive acquired an awful taste in my mouth, I have 2 ulcers on my tongue :shrug:

I don't know if these are related at all, I originally only typed into google about the ulcers to see if they were common in pregnancy (as I have a really sore gum on one side too) .. and managed to come across iron deficiency symptoms...

I see my MW again in 12 days, should I see how i go and wait until then to mention it to her, or do you think I should give her a call?
will she offer me another anemia blood test so soon after my previous one?

:wacko: :flower:

When I get like that, I just go back on supplements straight away (but I've always been low). I get extreme fatigue and intense cravings for milk.
Ask at the pharmacist in the mean time if you can't ask your midwife any sooner. They may be able to suggest something for you (I recently got ones that are iron and folate in one tablet).

You could in three weeks. My last test was fine but had one a few weeks later and my mcv had dropped so on iron now

ive left a message for my midwife to give me a call back.. ill see what she says.. I feel like im symptom spotting now, suddenly realised ive been eating tons of ice lollies (craving ice?) the last few days.. argh! hope its nothing im useless at remembering to take tablets lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->