Anemia?

x__amour

Mommy.
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever been anemic? If so, what did you feel like and what did you do to resolve it? :flower:

I'm anaemic, sweetie :flower:
I was diagnosed when I was 11 years old.

I was experiencing heart palpitations, ie my heart would suddenly start racing for no reason and I'd be short of breath.

I'd get extremely dizzy if I stood up too quickly.

I had no energy, and felt weak all the time. I didn't even have the energy to come downstairs some days.

I also had white spots on my nails, but the doctors were unsure if that was cause of an iron deficiency or a calcium deficiency. :dohh:

Anyway, I was repeatedly passing out for no obvious reason so my mom took me to the doctor and he ran some tests and took my blood pressure, which was extremely low.

Turned out I had a low iron count in my blood.

He prescribed me some iron tablets to boost my iron count, and I've been just fine ever since, so long as I take them every day :flow:

I developed it cause I don't eat red meat, its just not for me.

Are you worried that you have it, Shannon? If you are, I hope I didn't scare you and I promise its not hard to deal with! :hugs: :hugs:

Ive been aneamic most of my life. Something to do with my storage or something or other.

For me it increases my dizziness and occasionally makes me micro faint. Also it gives me headaches, sore muscles and causes exhaustion.

I took iron pills, and they did wonders!

I was for a short period after I gave birth due to blood loss. If you have any concerns let your doctor know and he will do some bloods and if you are will most likely pescribe iron tablets. I only had to take mine 3 a day for 3 months :flower:

I'm anaemic, sweetie :flower:
I was diagnosed when I was 11 years old.

I was experiencing heart palpitations, ie my heart would suddenly start racing for no reason and I'd be short of breath.

I'd get extremely dizzy if I stood up too quickly.

I had no energy, and felt weak all the time. I didn't even have the energy to come downstairs some days.

I also had white spots on my nails, but the doctors were unsure if that was cause of an iron deficiency or a calcium deficiency. :dohh:

Anyway, I was repeatedly passing out for no obvious reason so my mom took me to the doctor and he ran some tests and took my blood pressure, which was extremely low.

Turned out I had a low iron count in my blood.

He prescribed me some iron tablets to boost my iron count, and I've been just fine ever since, so long as I take them every day :flow:

I developed it cause I don't eat red meat, its just not for me.

Are you worried that you have it, Shannon? If you are, I hope I didn't scare you and I promise its not hard to deal with! :hugs: :hugs:

WSS plus i get ringing in my ears, difficulty sleeping despite being sooo tired.
I take iron tablets but they don't do a lot i also have B12 injections every 3months.

Anemia can cause a variety of symptoms in different people, shedding hair, pale skin etc Most often just a simple iron tablet will resolve it.

I found spatone really helpful. It is quite expensive though, I used it until I felt better and my iron was up and now I stick to cheaper iron tablets to maintain it, if that makes sense x

Thanks ladies. :flower:
I've just been ever so tired lately and I sleep at least 12 hours so will be talking to my doctor soon! Thanks again! :hugs:

Im Anemic,

Im not on anything yet, Docters are trying to find out why i am!

I always get dizzy when i stand up, Pale skin, Constantly tired all the time, I just thought i was lazy! :haha: I also get short of breath all the time aswel.

Me I am boo,
I got really dizzy and would black out nearly every time I stood up.
I just drank/ate more and am supposed to take iron pills and vitamins but I'm terrible at remembering to take pills so I don't :blush:

You tend to feel tired, dizzy and lethargic. You can take iron tablets, but you can also eat red meat, pulses, nuts and green leafy vegetables which are good sources.

I have started taking vitamins and iron and I eat red meat a bit anyways but I am still so tired... :sad1:

mummyhood? :hugs: *giggles*

actually im worried i may be too?
Im losing my hair a lot, i can run my fingers through my hair and ive counted 7/10 hairs falling out before and my friend mentioned it to me.

but maybe its just normal to lose hair like this? xx

I wish I could say mommyhood, haha, but my daughter is a doll. She sleeps 12/13 hours a night so it's not that I'm not getting sleep but I'm just... Tired.
I always, always feel drowsy. I haven't really lost hair though. Hmmm, I wonder what's going on. :-k

I can sympathise, my baby sleeps from 10pm to 5-6am,not bad for a baby, some people get up those times for work every day i think!,
im glad ive found this post because im tired, not just tired, but CHRONICALLY tired, exhausted, everything is a huge effort and my eyes feel like they have lead weights on them. I saw my doc who thinks its anemia(by looking at my eyes aparently) and am awaiting blood test results this afternoon, in a way im hoping it is anemia which can be fixed with iron tabs.

well, it seems not, my full blood count has come back normal:wacko:im very very suprised:shrug:

I've been anemic since the birth of my baby, and have been having iron injections into my bottom, 3 times a week for months now! Waiting for a transfusion that should be within the next few weeks.

I've just felt like death for the last 6 months. Tired, couldn't climb the stairs without a rest half way. I pass out everywhere! It's awful.
The tablets did nothing for me, still have a HB of 8 :(

You should see your gp soon it takes ages to feel better x x

Further to my other posts, it seems i AM now Anaemic!.
The receptionist got my results wrong over the phone.
The docs wrote to me, enclosing a prescription for iron tablets!:dohh:
I knew i wasnt feeling THIS awful for no reason.

so i can now confirm my symptoms on here<
Extream overwhelming tiredness
Occassional Dizziness
and aching joints!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe