Angelcare baby monitor

Wombat

Married mum of 2:)
Reaction score
Hi girls :)

The sensor pad one once the baby is born. The one which makes noise if baby stops breathing.

Did anybody used it and would you reccomend it? I never had one with my son (used BT monitor) but I never really got any sleep as well.

I am seriously considering buying one now, but I heard some mixed reviews...

xx
Wombat:hugs:

I've not used one hun so I'm not much use but didn't want to read and run. We are just using normal baby monitors.

I have one and would definitely recommend it. I was able to hear the baby's heartbeat early on. I do recommend you use your own headphones if you do get one, as the ones that come with tend to have a lot of static.

Seity - thanks hun:hugs: But I actually ment the sensor one once the baby is born :blush:

I already have the doppler and its great.

I wasn't intending too, as they can give false alarms and cause even more worry etc but I think they are better than they used to be at not doing so. I read a thread /post about monitors early in my pregnancy which had a real heartstring tugging plea from a mum who had lost her baby to cot death and she would do anything to have the chance for another false alarm. But she won't get that chance, not with that baby anyway.

So whilst I'm not usually influenced by emtional posts like that, in this instance I was and I am going to get one. But as my baby isn't here yet I can''t really give you any idea of how it might work in reality.

I have got this, no actual experience using it yet but a friend of mine recommended it as it has helped her relax and sleep better knowing that an alarm will sound should anything be wrong with LO! xx

I am using one for my son have been for 10 months and it really gives me peace of mind, yes it goes off sometimes when hes moved too far away from the pad but at least I know all bases are covered

I have just bought another for the new baby

couldnt be without them!

Thanks girls:hugs:

I think Ill be getting one :)

we have one and its fab. i dont know how id sleep without it! we have been using it for 7 weeks now and never had a false alarm.. the only prob i have is lifting her out, forgetting to turn it off, getting half way down the stairs and the bloody alarm goes off!

I had an angel sounds with my son and it was abs fab! I never had any false alarms at all, admitedly more often than not i'd forget to turn it off when i took baby out of cot, but i didn't mind that.

With my daughter I used tomee tippee one and again I think they're great, I know false alarms can happen but i've never known anyone to have them aside fro this one post above.

So in a nutshell yes I would rcommend it, highly.

Seity - thanks hun:hugs: But I actually ment the sensor one once the baby is born :blush:

I already have the doppler and its great.

Haha - I totally read that wrong. I'm gonna blame preggy brain on that lapse :dohh:

My boyfriend sister had one of these for my niece, when we was minding her, I too lifted her out of the cot and forgot to switch it off, scared the life out of me!!

We will be getting the one that she is using when she has finished with it (her little girl is 9 months and always rolling off it so think she might of actually packed it away now).
They have had a few false alarms with it and one actual real alarm go off, really scary but thank god for the technology these days!!

So I would say yeah, they are deff worth it

x

I use it!.. at first even with the baby in my room.. now she has been in her own room for about 2 weeks now.. she is 7 weeks today.. I had one false alarm... but that was only becasue I had it pluged in.. (but you have to plug 2 wires into the actual monitor thing).. and it was alarming because I forgot to plug one in.. so it did it to tell me there was low battery power.. LOL (Doh).. although my mom has foster kids and she uses them and when they are big enough to roll over and away from the mat then they will go off.. like everyone else.. better safe then sorry I would deffo recommend it! Still doesnt stop me from going in and make sure the light is flickering though before I head to sleep for the night.. but I actually get to sleep :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->