Angelsounds Doppler - How to use?

RandaPanda

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have a very general idea of how to use the doppler, but not totally sure. I have an Angelsounds one arriving tomorrow, and can't wait to use it because my diminishing symptoms have got me a bit worried. The problem is, because I live over in China, the instructions are all in Chinese and I can't read them :haha:

If anyone can tell me what I should be doing when I use it, or any tips and tricks to hearing the heartbeat, I would really appreciate it.

I have this one! :) Make sure to actually hook the battery in. I was a dummy and didnt realize you had to do this :haha: You can use gel, oil, lotion, whatever (I use oil). It all works.

Start right above your hair line close to one of your hip bones and move very slowly. When I first found the heartbeat, my baby seemed oddly close to my left hipbone. If you are on the thicker side, you may have to push in a bit.

A little tip of mine, not sure if true, empty bowels! I was trying for two hours and could not find the HB. I cleared my bowels and came back and wala!

Thanks! How far along were you the first time you could hear baby's HB? The website I bought mine at said 16 weeks, but I'm hoping that's not the case!

I would say around 11 to 12 weeks is when I ordered it. I didn't order it prior to that because I was in limbo for a few weeks (I had bleeding/clotting). However, I have heard women pick it up at 8 weeks!

It actually arrived today! So I tried it after work, and all I could get was a bunch of wooshing :( But DH tried it, and he found it twice (he thinks), but then he would try to switch the headphones to me, and the baby would move away! I'll try again in a couple days. I kind of wish I had bought one that displays the heart rate too....

It just takes time. Even now this far along sometimes it takes forever to find. There is a lot of room in there at your stage and the baby could be doing anything! I remember one day I could hear the babies kicks but not the HB.

I was around 15w when I first heard DD1's hb with my angel sounds, and DD2 was around 11/12w as my womb was a little higher second time round. They're really simple, just blob a little bit of gel on and move around until you find baby! I'm sure there'll be actual instructions somewhere online in English for you to read if you get stuck x

Yaaaaay! Heard that fast little HB clear as a bell after work today!! Now I'll lay off for a bit...I only plan to use it once a week, if I can restrain myself!

Yay! So happy for you :hugs2: I cannot hold myself back from it for a week :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->