Anhydramnios aka: No Amniotic Fluid

What a heartbreaking journey you have had. I'm sure your son will be watching over both of his sisters. You are incredibly strong!! Xx

Thank you everyone! It's wonderful to see so many of you who supported me during that trying time, and new friends! <3 Hope everyone is well, and don't worry, I'm still going to be on BAB lurking. :thumbup:

I am glad to see you had a perfect rainbow baby. I am in your shoes right now.

I have been searching and searching for a positive story and thought I finally found one in yours and then it ended so suddenly. I am so sorry for the loss of your son.

I too, have no/very little amniotic fluid. They found it at 26 weeks.. I was going weekly for Ultrasounds because baby has a urogenital fistula. So somewhere between 25 and 26 weeks we lost fluid. They have a pretty good idea that the fluid is going into a pocket near the bladder. As of right now the kidneys work fine but she has developed fluid around the heart and because of that the muscle is a little enlarged.

I have been in the hospital on bed rest for two weeks, have fetal monitoring 3x a day for an hour at a time. My baby looks "perfect" on the monitor. Just like yours. She has a few decels every now and then but they say it is normal for having no fluid.

I have not found one single positive outcome with this and am starting to get discouraged. I don't want her to look perfect and then one day just pass. I feel like I want to get to 30 weeks and have them deliver.

Looking back would you have delivered earlier to try to make that chance of survival? Or would you have wanted him in as long as possible??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->