Annabelle arrived 11 days overdue!! Long!

sarah2409

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just thought i would share my news with you before i leave for baby club!!

My lovely little Annabelle was born on wednesday 28th september, 11 days overdue. On the monday i went into hospital because i couldnt cope with the pain of my spd much longer :( They gave me stronger pain killers and a sweep. The consultant said i was looking very ready to go into labour on my own at any time so he said he will book me in for induction on the weds, but hopefully with the sweep i would go into labour before that so i could still have my home birth!

Tuesday morning i woke up with contractions. Coming every 3-5 mins, moderately painful lasting around a minute each time. I wasnt in immense pain, but they had lasted all day constantly and i was getting tired so around 7 pm we called the midwives to come out. As soon as i rang in they told me they only had one midwife available and 2 women had rang in in labour, but they sent someone to me. She checked me and said my cervix was 2-3 cms but probably only because this is my 3rd baby and i was no where near ready to have the baby and she would be very, very surprised if i didnt need the induction on weds.

I was very gutted to hear that. Ive had 2 babys before and she said i wasnt having contractions, just 'tightenings' I know what a bloody contraction feels like and they were contractions!!! They continued at the same rate (every 5 mins for 1 min) throughout the night but i managed to get a bit of sleep. Woke up on weds morning and rang hospital and was given a time of 5.30pm to go in and be induced. Was pottering around getting everything ready, and the pain was just getting worse and worse, and i was doubting myself as the midwife said i wasnt in labour, plus baby was back to back so i thought maybe thats why i was having such pains. I was terrified, i was thinking god if i cant cope and im not even in labour how will i cope later! Around 10.30 i called my OH up to the bedroom and told him to ring his mum to get our little one as i needed to be seen, i couldnt cope with the pain anymore. We rang the hospital again and asked someone to come out, the midwife from the previous night said she wasnt going to send anyone out as she had seen me and i was nowhere ready to go into labour, and she suggested i go into triage at the hospital.

It took me quite a while to get down the stairs as i was having contractions more frequently, by the time i got down the stairs i felt the beginnings of the urge to push. OH got one the phone to the midwives again and asked them to send someone while i was screaming in the background that i needed to push. The midwives said that we would have to go to the hospital as they dont send midwives out when baby is overdue!! OH was getting very angry and said that someone came out yesterday and they didnt say anything then and that it was too late to go into triage. Whilst this happened MIL arrived and took one look at me, told OH to get off the phone and she called an ambulance. MIL laid me on the sofa, took my pants off, my waters broke, and with 2 pushes Annabelle was born. 5 minutes later the ambulance arrived. I was in shock i really was. MIL was brilliant, absolutely fabulous, so calm and made me feel in safe hands. The ambulance crew were brilliant as well. And the midwives that came after as well.

I am a bit dissapointed with the hospital, but in the end, i had my baby at home like i wanted, with no pain relief, and although it was scary it was a fantastic experience and i know MIL is enjoying telling the story. She was born at 11.35 and weighed 9lb2, not bad for 11 days overdue. She is now 6 days old and she is a little star, she slept 8.5 hours lastnight, only waking once for 2 ozs of milk and going straight back to sleep. She is so calm, its amazing. She is our 3rd child and it can get a bit crazy but i wouldnt change anything for the world :) Sorry its been so long. Good luck everyone with your labour and births xxx

Awww, I cannot believe the hospital did that; I would not be impressed. Good to hear you had your healthy little girl. Hope to see piccies :)

ahhhh dats lovely shes so good for u!disappointed wit da hospital dey should of done more as dat was ur 3rd baby dey should of known u knew wat ur talkin about but im glad it all worked out congrats!!!

Wow thank God for your wonderful MIL! Can't believe how dismissive the hospital was but really glad you got your homebirth and massive congratulations!

Congratulations!!!!! Glad you got a home birth, shame it came with hassle from the hospital. Glad all is well.

Amazing! Well done and a huge Congrats!! I would be so annoyed with that midwife! :flower:

wow what a nightmare from rude hospital staff but yay on getting your homebirth - well done and congratulations!

Wow that's shocking that the hospital wouldn't listen to you! That must have made everything so scary. Well done and congratulations on your home birth and baby girl! Xx

WOW; congratulations. That really is a birth story :haha:
I wouldn't be too impressed with the hospital tho, cheeky lot, anything could have happened to you or baby.

:flower:

Wow congrats on your homebirth you were a lot braver then i would have been

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"