Annie Teresa Ajish-born on 24th December 2008

maria26pc

Reaction score
Annie Teresa Ajish was born on 24th December 2008 at 3:32 PM (NY Time) weighing 7lbs 80z and 20 inches long.

Well......I had a normal pregnancy throughout and during my 39th week appointment on 19th December, I was told that the baby was in perfect position and I was about 1cm dilated. My gynecologist asked me to come over for a Scan/BPP on 24th- a day before my due date- to see how things are progressing.

I had not much of BH contractions during my pregnancy. There was no loss of plug or bloodyshow as well. On 24th early morning around 3, I started feeling contractions-moderate and in intervals of 10-12 minutes. They werent too painful but I had a feeling that this might be it.

By 8 AM, the contractions become pretty regular and intense. I called the doctors office and they asked me to come for the appointment if I am able to handle the pain. So I decided that we stick to the appointment and DH drove me to the doctors office. I was in real pain by now and once I reached there, the scan and BPP were done and looked normal.

It was 10:30 AM, when the doctor checked me and she told me that I am in labor and has dilated to 4cm and sent me to the hospital for admission. At this point, I lost my plug. The hospital was just 5 minutes away so I was admitted at St Charles and was immediately taken to the delivery suite.

Luckily, the gynecologist on call from our practice that day was the one I regularly used to visit (I go to a group practice of gynecologists). Seeing him was a big reassurance for me and DH. After the nurses kind of settled me in, the doctor examined me and told me I was doing great and I have dilated up to 7 cms. It was 12:30 PM then.

Thereafter, my pain got really worse and the contractions also came down a bit. I took an epidural to ease the pain off. My waters broke after that. Doctor was visiting me on and off again and DH was staying with me, chatting with me and cheering me up. At 2:15 PM, the doctor said that I am all 10 cms dilated. It was just about three hours after I was admitted with 4cm dilation.

Now came the pushing stage and the doctor was present while the MW and DH held my legs. I kept on trying but Annie wasnt planning to come out. Then the doctors saw that her heart rate was dropping fast when I push and it wasnt going back up to normal quickly. This went on for about 10 minutes and the doctors decided that my pelvic bone isnt letting the baby out. The heart rate wasnt improving as well. So, at 2:55 ,they called for an emergency C-Section.

I was given another anesthesia and was rolled out to the OR for the section. DH too came with me and they started cutting me up at 3:10. I didnt feel much; just some pushing and pulling inside-and some strong pressure as well. The doctors, nurses and DH were talking to me constantly and after a few minutes I heard my little one's cry and OMG.....I too started crying. It was 3:32 PM. In four and half hours after I was admitted baby Annie was here. A nurse was cleaning Annie and soon she was in DH's hands-proud papa.

She weighed 7 lbs 8 oz at birth and is healthy and good.

I moved back to the room by 5 PM. Annie was taken to the nursery and she was brought back for feeding at 6:30 PM.

We were discharged on 27th and now we are at home.

Attachments

• HPIM4039.jpg
    HPIM4039.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 113
  • HPIM4085.jpg
    HPIM4085.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 113
  • HPIM4089.jpg
    HPIM4089.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 100
Aww! She's beautiful! Congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread