Announcing the arrival of Alfie-Ray Thomas 29/11/10

Haych86

Reaction score
Hey Ladies, Well its been crazy and I only just got chace to write my Birth Story on here but my little boy Alfie-Ray Thomas was born by emergency c-section on 29/11/10 at 7.02am weighing 8lb 2oz

Well after a 5 day slow labour at 9.10pm on sunday 28/11/10 my waters broke while I was asleep I actually felt a pop which woke me up and then I had this urge to stand up and when I did it was like a waterfall and it kept coming like that for nearly 3 hours. I was in hosptial by 9.45pm but it took them an hour and half to finally come and check me but I was only 3cm dilated although my contractions were 2 minutes apart. They sent me up to the maternity ward and told me to take a sleeping tablet, some paracetamol and relax and try to sleep. OH had to go home he couldnt stay up there with me :(

I walked to maternity ward after saying goodbye to my dad and OH and my contractions came every minute and I was told to go and take a bath so I tried but it didnt help at all. They checked me again and I was 5-6cm dilated and that was only an hour later so they walked me down to delivery suite I was really tired because of the sleeping tablet and found it hard to walk. They called my OH and bythe time he got there (in 20 mins I might add) lol speedy!!! We live 25 mins away and he had to call a taxi!

by now it was around 2am and I was 8-9cm dilated. They could see the tip of his head. I started pushing but because of my health problems and my chest and the pain in my hips I couldnt push hard enough or open my legs enough and both me and Alfie were in distress and he was at risk. I dont think the fact I had been given a sleeping tablet helped the matter either because aswell as the pain I felt like falling asleep.

I was in full labour 10cm dilated by this point and the could still see his head but becuas ei couldn't push hard enough he was not moving and there was not out enough of the head for them to pull him out using forceps, so they whisked me off for an emergency c-section. I had a spinal and was awake through it all. I could feel everything they did like pulling and tugging but I was numb aswell so there was no pain. The top half of my body was shaking so much but this was down to the shock my body was in I was told.

At 7.02am I heard someone say he's here but I couldn't hear any crying I started to ask my OH where is he, why can't I hear him. Then all of a sudden there was one almighty scream and I burst into tears my little boy was here and I could hear him. They wrapped him up and gave him to my OH who held him near me. I was slightly upset I never got a chance to do skin to skin immediatly but I soon made up for that later that day on the ward and asked the midwife to hand him over to me as I was on bed rest for 24 hours after.

So that is how my little prince Alfie-Ray Thomas entered the world.
He wanted to make a dramatic entrance haha. As much as I'm in pain and upset I had to have a c-section, he is worth all that and more! He's here he's safe and that is all that matters. :baby::happydance:

Congratulations! Bet he's gorgeous :hugs: xxx

Congratulations! He's a little stunner! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"