Announcing the arrival of Isabelle Zophia

samzi

mummy to issy,alice&luke
Reaction score
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Birth story is in progress, will add it to here when done.

We are so in love it's untrue. She's a little trooper

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Isabelle Zophia

Born on 22nd feb at 9:46am, weighing 6lbs 13oz, she was 8 days late.

I remember waking up with a contraction on the morning of the 21st at about 5:15 am so i got out of bed and decided to go down stairs and have a cup of tea and see how the pains went. For a few hours i was getting on and off pains so i decided to call the labour ward up and see what they thought. I was told to call them back when the contractions were every 5 mins or so lasting a minute or so each. Around 12pm ish they were so bad that i had to walk around,couldnt sit confortably at all and i was crying with the pain of them. So my OH called the hospital up again and told them i was in agony and couldnt cope and needed some pain relief - they told me to go in.

So i called my mum to take me to the hospital as we had no transport, so she rushed over and drove us over there. We got there and got taken to the assessment ward where we waited to be seen. At 1:15 a mw came and hooked me up to a monitor to check on baby, and said she would like to do an internal examination. Now at this point even though i was having contractions i did not expect to be dilated at all but it turns out i was 3cm! I burst out crying with happiness, i couldnt believe it. While she did the examination she did a sweep while she was down there, it wasnt too bad really. She told me i would have my baby in the next 24 hours - i was over the moon :happydance: :smug:

Around 3:30 the midwives came and checked on me again and i was still having contractions but the time between them lasted longer than earlier, at which when i told the MW she said right lets get this baby moving, so she went and got me a birthing ball, she came back with it and off i sat. As soon as i sat down the contractions came back really intense once again and i had about 3 in the space of 5 mins. I was hurting inbetween contractions too and i think that was worse at times than the actual contractions themselves! I asked for some pain relief but they refused until i was further along - i was not impressed, i was in agony and they werent helping me! :hissy: :shock:

At half past 6 a mw came and checked my pulse and BP, my pulse was fast and BP high, so after saying they were going to send me home, they didnt because of this. That was repeated about 3 times for the next few hours, and each time it was still high/fast.

It got to about 10:30pm and as my pulse and BP were up andf high they took some bloods to check my iron levels, so it was looking even more likely that i wasnt going to be going home (YES!:lol:) We got told the results would take an hour, and if all was normal then id be sent home to labour there or until my waters broke.

Well the iron levels came back as fine but my conmtractions had got worse. Oh and I went for a walk around the ward at about half 11 and then the contractions got even more intense. I was almost crying in agony with 3 contractions in the space of about 7 mins or so. Definetly needed something for the pain. So i got back to my bed and OH buzzed for the midwife as i wasnt coping at all. As i was lay on the bed in agony she asked me if i wanted some proper pain relief and i jumped at the chance! She moved us to a birthing room and did an internal, i was now 5cm. I asked for some pethidine for the pain as the contractions and the pain inbetween were just as bad as each other! This was around half past midnight.

After this things get a bit hazy as the pethdine made me feel like i was stoned :rofl: and i was so dopey which was a lovely feeling.

From what OH tells me, at about 3:30am i went to the loo and came out and told him that my mucus plug had come out. 5am came around and i was checked again and i was 7cm :happydance:

The pethedine had worn off but they didnt want to give me another dose as they didnt want baby to be too dopey, so i just used gas and air for the rest of the labour and birth. At 7:20am i woke up with bad contractions again and was sucking on the g&a like there was no tomorrow!

My mum ended up being at the pushing stage, not on purpose, just by pure chance, and im so glad she was. Having two people there to help me just about cope was very handy indeed.

So at about 9:46am baby Isabelle was born weighing 6lb13oz. I coped in the end with just g&a and the pushing stage only took 25 mins! I ended up with a second degree tear so had to have sutures.

Its so true what they say about you forget the pain as soon as you see the baby, as its so true! She is worth every pain, niggle and stich :cloud9::cloud9:

Pics to follow:thumbup:

congrats amazing story :hugs: im so happy for u

So thrilled for you Samzi. Can't wait to see the photos :)

Congratulations hun :hugs: I love her name x

just a few piccies

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/samzi/Baby%20Issy/Photo0732.png
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/samzi/Baby%20Issy/Photo0740.png

look at all that hair!! she's beautiful :) congratulations :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g