Announcing the arrival of our little man Keinan Vincent

Nini868

Reaction score
First of all I would like to say a big thank you to everyone that has replied to questions and queries that I have posted on this site, what an amazing place to start the journey of trying to concieve, I have made so many friends and learnt so much from this site, sometimes I dont think I could have got through the last 9 months without it!

My labour started on Wednesday 18th August, I was 38wks 6days pregnant, I started to notice a few little twinges around 6pm so I decided to go for a bath in the belief that if it was a false alarm the bath would stop the contractions. As it was the contractions continued and I began to think that maybe this might be a little more than nothing. I decided not to tell my DF straight away and I was breathing through my contractions still thinking it would all wear off. At around 8pm my DF told me that he wasnt stupid and new what I was up to and I was to ring the midwife but I told him that I would have a paracetamol and go to bed but at this point I had a big contraction and grunted my way through it, as I did I heard a "pop" this was my waters!!!

At this point my DF phoned the delivery suite and they told him to bring me in straight away. We arrived at 21.20hrs and I was examined and told I was 5cms dilated and my cervix was paper thin and I could deliver anytime (lucky I didnt take that paracetamol and go to bed otherwise DF may have been delivering baby lol!!) I asked if I could get into the birthing pool, the midwife said I could deliver before I got into it but she would try and get it done..By this time it was around 22.15 and my contractions were coming thick and fast and yet again I still believed everything would stop and they would send me home lol.

The midwife came in at 22.35 and told me I could get into the pool, so armed with my gas and air I got in.. By 22.45hrs I was screaming for pethidine but the midwife told me to hold on for another 15mins and to see how I felt!!! Another 10mins passed and I felt the overwhelming feeling to push and 2 contractions later my little man was born at 23.02hrs. It was the best feeling in the world. Nothing can compare to the flood of love that I felt for him.

Keinan weighed 6lb 13.5ozs and was worth every little bit of pain I went through.. I was very lucky and had no tears or cuts but I put this down to the excellent midwife that I had..

I am so loving every single minute with him, he is more than I ever imagined xxx

so many congratulations on your new arrival! i love his name by the way...very unique! sounds like you had a relatively trauma-free labour. glad you hear that you and your new little man are doing well :)

wow, great story, hope mine goes like that! very well done and congratulations.x

What a great birth story - you did so well! Congrats on the birth of little Keinan, glad you are all settling into family life well.

Wow, is he your first?!? I hope mine goes like that this time! :hugs: and congrats hon!!!
xxx

What a great birth story! Thanks for sharing! Congratulations xxx

Fantastic story. Congrats!

Hope you are recovering well!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g