Announcing the birth of baby girl Mollie, induced because of GD!! :D (LONG!!)

k 1421

Mummy to Mollie
Reaction score
Firstly im sorry this is a late birth story, just managing to write it while shes snoozing!

I had a healthy pregnancy until I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 28 weeks pregnant, had the usual growth scans which they estimated at 36 weeks her to weigh 7 pounds 7 ounces!! I was scared to say the least lol. So they booked me in for induction on 11th august.

Wednesday 11th august I went to the hospital at 8am, had her heartbeat monitored etc and was given a prostin gel at around 10am, they checked me 6 hours later and nothing had happened so I had another gel which was so painful as her head was still not engaged and up really high. 6 hours later still nothing had happened so I was admitted to hospital overnight.

Thursday 12th august at about 12am I was given ANOTHER lot of gel by a doctor with very big hands, it hurt so much they had to give me gas and air. He performed a sweep on me which resulted in a bloody show and because of the gel I was having pains which we hoped to be contractions....but nope, still nothing! It was late by this point so I had to stay in hospital again lol.

Friday 13th august...They gave me 3 options-i could have another lot of gel and just hope it works this time which I didnt want as I was already in alot of pain down there and they obviously didnt work on me! I could go home and come back another day to be induced?!?! Or they said because she was so high there was a 50% chance they could break my waters and they could hook me up to the oxytocin drip, but they said they would break them in theatre under epidural because it would be agony for me as she was so high.

So...I opted for them to TRY and break my waters, went into theatre about 1pm, was given an epidural and they managed to break my waters, they also pushed her down so she was engaged! I was hooked up to the drip and having contractions, around 3:30pm the epidural stopped working even with topups so i had gas and air!!

At 4pm the midwife said I was in proper labour and she would check me in 4 hours and i would probably be about 3-4cm as I was only 1cm....well at 6pm the anaesthetist came in to top up my epidural and I was having contractions every 1-2 minutes so he ordered the midwife to check me....at this point I shouted "if you tell me im 2 cm im going to kick you in the face!":blush: and lo and behold i was 9cm!! I started to push around 7:45, all i can say is thank god for gas and air.....and at 8:55pm on friday the 13th my beautiful little girl was born at 39 weeks 4 days:cloud9: weighing only 7 pounds 3 ounces!!!!!

I had no tears, no cuts, no stitches, just a few grazes where she was back 2 back and honestly it is very painful but ive already forgotten about the pain and id do it again!!
Sorry this is so long ladies!! xxx

Sorry about the pic overload!!
46198_459872689765_516544765_6269767_1407697_n.jpg

45646_459874414765_516544765_6269772_7239690_n.jpg

41145_460275849765_516544765_6276505_7410245_n.jpg

46263_10150261124245161_828180160_14169169_2507474_n.jpg

Wow congratulations, long process of getting her out but all well in the end? How far were you when they induced you out of interest?

Wow congratulations, long process of getting her out but all well in the end? How far were you when they induced you out of interest?

Thanks, yep very long process and I was exhausted! I was 39+2 when they started trying to induce me but 39+4 when she actually came out lol x

Congratulations!!!! She is gorgeous! Love the last pic, she looks so adorable.

Congratulations, what a cutie and well done you! x

Thankyou everyone :hugs: I really miss 3rd tri now lol oh and being kicked!! x

she is adorable ! bet ur so happy shes finally here , u sound like ull make a terrific mommy - all the best to you , ur oh & little bundle of beautiful joy ! xx

congrats hun and omg i love that chair she is sitting in where did you get that from or does anyone else know where to get that from?? xx

congrats hun and omg i love that chair she is sitting in where did you get that from or does anyone else know where to get that from?? xx

We got given it from my aunty, it should have a butterfly mobile hanging over aswell but they lost it!:nope: I just found it on amazon and omg its £69.99!!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisher-Price-Baby-Papasan-Seat-Pink/dp/B000ZL513K xxx

Congratulations, glad she made it out in the end!
I can't get over how amazing newborn babies look - so perfectly formed, you just don't expect them to look so perfect after being so squished in there plus coming out!! Can't wait to see my little man, feels like a long wait still!!

Congratulations, glad she made it out in the end!
I can't get over how amazing newborn babies look - so perfectly formed, you just don't expect them to look so perfect after being so squished in there plus coming out!! Can't wait to see my little man, feels like a long wait still!!

It goes so fast as soon as u hit 30 weeks! I remember counting down the weeks, then the days and now shes almost 2 weeks old. Scary lol. The funniest thing was when her head was out I heard the midwife, my mum and DF laughing, I asked why and apparently she was trying to wriggle her way out bless her:dohh: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->