announcing the birth of Benjamin.

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
i was coming up to 9 days over due.

id had no signs or pains to show labor was on the way.

saturday morning i said to hubby, this labor/birth is going to be like joshua's where everything i want to happen will go completly different. i thought i would have to be induced as i was having no signs baby was gonna come any time soon.

saturday during the day i didnt have any pain but felt uncomfy but had done for days.
i put joshua to bed at 7o' clock,sat down and was watching tv feeling sorry for myself as anoher day had passed and no baby.

8.30 i started getting a little pain in my lower back and under my bump.
tried timing these and they were about 40 seconds every 4 mins or so, then about an hour later i gave up timing them as i couldnt really tell one from the other.

my mum was having joshua for me so i sent her a text message saying that ive been having pains/contractions for the past hour and a half, she text back saying dont leave it too long,once they are about 15 mins apart head to hospital. so i sent her a message back saying they coming more than that already.

i had my TENS machine on but didnt seem to do much.

so mum got to ours at about 11.20pm we left for the hospital, got to the car park and i said to hubby that i couldnt walk it (delivery suite was on 3rd floor) so he went to get me a wheelchair. (i felt so so stupid) i was only heading to get checked over then was gonna go back home.
i was expecting the midwfe to tell me i was only in early stages and that i couldnt have an epi just yet.

well time we got up to the delivery suite it was 11.50, i was taken/ wheeled into a delivery room and midwife was gonna check me over so i got on the bed she checked babys heartbeat before another contraction started then after the next contraction she checked my blood pressure then she said right can you do me a wee sample so i hobbled to the toilet (en suit) ans she said she will be with me shortly.

i was sitting on the toilet and i couldnt wee next minute there was a gush of water (waters breaking) and i had the urge to push.
hubby had to go find midwife, by the time i had gotten over to the bed babys head was nearly out.
i climbed on bed had a good go on the gas and air twice and Benjamin was born at 12.10.

the midwife didnt nealry make it and she had a student nurse (male) who was following her around he just ran into the room as Benjamin was being born.

i had a slight tear which needed a stitch or two.

the midwife left us to have some time together, she popped her head back in and asked when did i want to go home and i just said as soon as i can.
so she goes right 4 hours after the birth so say 4.30. by this time it was nearly 3o'clock.

the doctor came round and stitched me up then about 15 mins later 2 nurses came running in asking if i could get out of the room asap as they had a woman coming in.
so i hope off the bed get my trouser on and go and wait in a waiting room.
doctors came checked benjamin over and was sent home.
we got home sunday morning at 7.15.

im hoping i havnt missed anything out.

was a very quick labor, i had just recently changed hospitals as we had moved house but my new midwife wanted me to stop at my original hospital but i fighted my battle and manged to get changed over.
im so glad we did as baby would of been born in the car as that hospital is like 20 more mins away from us.

sorry running on now.

so Benjamin was born at 12.10(midnight) on the 14th march (mothers day) weighing 7lbs 9oz (an oz heavier than his big bro) and there is exactly 19 months between Joshua and Benjamin.

wow that sounds like a great birth.
Congratulations!

Congrats on your lovely little boy :) x

WOW.....great birth story! CONGRATS on your baby BOY!!!

Your labor seemed as quick as a doctor/midwifes office visit......

You were in and out of the hospital really quick too!

What a fantastic Mothers day suprise! Sounds pretty quick! Cngratulations and well done!
xx

Congratulations on your little boy! I hope I have as good a labour as you! X

Thats just the coolest birth story! My mom had a couple like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->