Announcing the birth of Eloïse!

mrsraggle

Wifey & Mummy
Reaction score
So FINALLY I get to make my announcement!

As you know I was 40+14 on Saturday 8th May and due to be induced. Well at 40+13 at 5.15am Friday morning my waters broke in bed. They were a little green so we called the labour ward and went straight in.

I was examined, 1cm :dohh:, and taken to a room to get moving. We walked and bounced and danced but by lunchtime nothing had happened and I was taken to another room to start pessaries. 12 hours later I had horrendous back and period pains but guess what, STILL 1cm. So they left me overnight (in the bath I was in so much pain but they wouldn't provide anything stronger than paracetamol).

On Saturday morning, they started up the drip to bring on contractions. The pain very quickly became quite unbearable and I started using gas and air but it wasn't long before I was screaming for an epidural - I was 3cm. At some point Saturday afternoon I was given a mobile epidural which still left me with pain I had to really breathe through.

At some point around 6pm the team became unhappy with the fetal heart rate and complete lack of progress (still 3cm) and so I was prepped for an emergency c-section. They topped up my epidural to knock pain out completely but I did feel pain in the c-section in some small areas where it hadn't worked - and had to use gas and air.

Eventually at 7.02pm Eloïse came screaming into the world. :cloud9: I was not able to see her for quite a while as they did all their tests on her first. My husband told me "it" had my nose and brown hair and he was eventually invited over to find out that we had a little baby girl. He brought her over to see me and she's perfect. Utterly perfect.

We were in hospital until last night. We both ended up with infections needing IVs for and now we're just getting our heads around having a little one in the world to care for. She's very good but a lazy latcher and we're struggling with breastfeeding without help every time. I hope we can get there soon.

To be quite honest, the whole experience was incredibly traumatic. It's hard to get it across it words but I will definitely NOT have another baby unless it's by elective c-section. But I love our baby girl and I would do it all again for her.

Some photos!
https://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/rachelwestlake/DSC01130.jpg
https://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/rachelwestlake/DSC01144.jpg
https://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/rachelwestlake/DSC01199.jpg

Yay!! Been wondering what happened! Sorry that your labour wasn't what you wanted, but you are absolutely right- your little girl is worth it. Hope breastfeeding becomes easier :hugs:
I predicted girl! Usually rubbish at these things, so quite chuffed there! Something about your bump was giving off girl vibes!
Eloise is a gorgeous name, and she looks beautiful.
So happy for you!

Cat
xxx

Wow sounds like the labor was really hard :( However, your daughter is gorgeous and I'm glad you are both doing well! The April mommies were waiting to hear from you!! Congrats!!

As posted on the other thread - A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS :)

Sounds a bit like my experiences with my son... Needless to say, we went elective this time :)

As posted on the other thread - A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS :)

Sounds a bit like my experiences with my son... Needless to say, we went elective this time :)

PS- Now my laptop is showing the pics properly I thought I'd better add - She's beautiful :) xx

MrsRaggle, she is simply beautiful.

I'm so sorry you found the whole thing very traumatic. I didn't end up having a section, but I did have the drip and can concur that it is quite simply one of the most intense experiences imaginable. I had no waters the whole way through my labour and had to have the pessary to start me off, so that was supposedly more painful than normal labour, but NOTHING prepares you for the pain and intensity of the synto drip and I don't care what anyone says about relaxing, trusting your body, breathing through it... this drip changes everything, so you did the right thing getting the epidural (see, it's easy for me to say that to other people but I can't seem to accept it myself!). I'm pleased you were able to have the mobile epidural, though. The one I had wasn't a movile one but was patient controlled which was nice as I stopped using it for a while.

I'm sorry you got an infection and had to stay in a few days, but glad you are now home and enjoying your gorgeous little girl. I know from my experience that after birth not going quite as you'd planned, it seems to be taking forever to feel 'happy' with everything and I keep going over things, how if I'd done things differently I might not have ended up with things going the way they did, been very tearful. So do talk to people about how you're feeling if you do feel down at all.

Enjoy it. xxx

Oh and with regards feeding - Isabella would slip off at first and the people on the ward gave me help, but it was then found she had a little tongue tie. I'd say to you to perservere and try and experiment with the different positions - beause I am big and have large breasts, we find the rugby hold seems to work best for us and we get a good latch that way.

Good luck with it, and if you continue to struggle, maybe call the national breastfeeding helpline or contact NCT who have breastfeeding counsellors (I can put you in touch with one by email if you would like).

Congratulations on your gorgeous girl :) And you chose a gorgeous name to match!

x

Hahahaha, love the part about not having another one... 5 years ago I said the exact same thing, unless I was back in America and ask for a c section up front... as the pain for me was really unbearable... and I thought I had a high pain threshold... LOL

But incredibly you soon forget about the pain altogether.... I can't even remember what it felt like the first time around, except I remember it being painful....

Here I am with number too... waiting agian to try to a go about it all naturally :)

Congrats by the way, she is beautiful

Congratulations MrsRaggle!!
So sorry that you had such a rough time of it - but, as you say, she is so worth it. What a beauty! Well done you. :hugs:

I do hope the BFing is getting easier for you, but don't beat yourself up if it doesn't work out. There is a lot of pressure on us to BF our babies, and that can leave people feeling incredible guilt if they are not able to do it successfully. I know that in a perfect world we'd all do it, and breast is best... but formula is OK too.

Congrats :hugs: i have secretly followed you lol (i'm not a stalker), and i'm so glad you have your baby girl with you now, she's beautiful :) x

Sorry your experience was so opposite of what you wanted, but wow, she is absolutely gorgeous!

congratulations on your beautiful little girl she is stunning.x

Congratulations, she's lovely !! Well done for getting through it and hey, what a prize !! x

Congratulations, she is absolutely gorgeous x

Huge congrats MrsRaggle....she's simply gorgeous!!!! And Eloise is such a beautiful name.

Sorry to hear the labour was a little traumatic, but I'm sure it'll be such a distant memory the more you look at that wonderful little face!!

Good luck with BF'ing, I hope it gets easier soon

:hug:

Congratulations honey :hugs: She's just adorable :cloud9:

I'd say to you to perservere and try and experiment with the different positions - beause I am big and have large breasts, we find the rugby hold seems to work best for us and we get a good latch that way.

I can echo that too, rugby hold is definately working best for us, I'm a G cup, and I feel like I'm suffocating Gabriella in all the other positions we've tried so far! (especially laying down, which sucks because I have to sit up properly even for night feeds :hissy:)

I hope it gets better for you soon :hugs:

Haha 555! I had the exact same thing and had to make little breathy holes for Isabella using my other hand - was such a faff!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->