Announcing the birth of Eloïse!

About time too! :lol:

She's such a cutie, congrats :cloud9:

Sorry to hear about your crappy experience...sounds quite similar to mine except I only had my waters broken, didn't even have the drip and that kicked things off very quickly so I can only imagine the pain :hugs:

Do you know if she was back to back? It's just that you had back pain and the fact that the dilating wasn't going anywhere fast, that's what happened to me and apparently it's because the baby's head isn't pressing on your cervix in the right way, so it takes forever :(

I also had a similar situation with both me and LO needing antibiotics, a week in hospital, and with the slow start for breastfeeding. I ended up getting a lot of one-on-one help on [I think] day 4 and it helped sooo much...we went from mostly expressing with a tiny bit of actual BF to just exclusively BF overnight. Would definitely recommend it. I'm also a GG cup currently and started off doing the rugby hold [mainly because of Finley's canula in his hand and me not wanting to hurt him] but the BF counsellor eventually got me to switch to the cradle hold because it's easier to feed in public that way. I just find you have to really tuck their bum in with your elbow, and that way it frees up some nostril space and they can breathe :lol:

Congrats! She is very beautiful. I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience. I hope you are recovering well.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, and ended up with infections!

Congratulations on your adorable little girl! :D I hope you're both feeling better. Eloïse is a beautiful name!

Huge congrats mrs raggle! Another girly for team yellow!

Like everyone else, I feel for you that it turned out to be so traumatic. Of course you have your baby now and like somebody said, you'll forget the whole thing soon enough. She's a beauty and you look so chuffed! Well done!!

Oh and good luck with breastfeeding - I have had a bit of a rocky road with it but I'm stubborn as a mule and have persevered - once you get the hang of it its quite a beautiful thing! I also preferred rugby hold at the beginning and have large breasts, but now I do the crossover hold with a pillow under her head. I also have to pinch my whole areola into her mouth and cup my breast... point is, you'll figure out the best way for you I'm sure, just try everything!

Top tip, massage your breasts regularly (I do it twice a day) in the shower or bath to keeps lumps and nasties at bay! :flower:

Congrads hun, your daughter is beautiful :) and I love the name! x

Was wondering how you got on. So sorry it didn't go nearly how you had planned and that it was so traumatic. I keep hearing that about that type of induction.
Still, you have a lovely baby. GL with the breastfeeding too.

Beautiful name, beautiful baby girl and way to go mama!!!!
Enjoy your bundle of joy :)

Congratulations! Beautiful name and an absolutely beautiful little girl! Enjoy mummy hood

She just gorgeous! Love her name too! Congrats on your beautiful little girl.

Sorry the birth was traumatic for you and that you ended up with an infection. But Eloise is absolutely gorgeous.

Congratulations!
x

congrats! shes beautiful sorry your birth didnt go to plan xxx

Congratulations honey, I am so so pleased for you and mr raggle. It's such a beautiful name

So you pretty much had the same as me. I only got to 3cm too when they got concerned about the heartrate.

Here's to a speedy recovery. If you have any questions about the c-section recovery just let me know.

Congratulations on your baby girl!!! I had my baby boy on May 7th and I too had a PAINFUL labor that was TRAUMATIC!!!

congrats to you both. love the name. sorry you didn't get home birth you wanted but your both happy and healthy and that is what matters :thumbup: you will never forget the pain... but you will :wacko: weird I know but true. :hugs:

Congrats on your beautiful little princess! Look at those precious cheeks and beautiful puffy lips! :baby:

Congratulations on your little girl. She really is gorgeous and I love her name.

Sorry it was traumatic for you but at least you finally have your little bundle now. x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->