Announcing the birth of Sophie Mae, 4th March 2010

Helabela

Mum to Sophie and ttc
Reaction score
Heres my story;

Had a planned induction on 1st March as i had too much water around baby. Had 4 tablets put up to start labour over a period of 2 days (Mon & Tuesday) Tuesday night started to get really bad pains in my lower back and bum but didnt think it was labour as i didnt have pains in my tummy, but in fact it was but it went away but the morning. Wednesday they took me out of the labour ward and to the maternity ward in a private room to give things a chance to work. Nothing happened all day and i couldnt really rest of sleep. After visitors had left and i had settled down around 11ish i started to get the pains back. After i realised they were quite regular (every 5mins lasting 30secs) so i told the midwife and she said it doesnt sound like labour and my bodys probably just plaing tricks. By 1am the pains were ever 3 mins, still lasting approx 30secs so i had a hot bath and they settled down a bit. By now i knew this must be labour but it was nothing like i expected! For the rest of the night i tried to get through the pains on my own using idfferent positions. I found sitting on the edge of the bed best. The midwifes popped in now and then and comforted me a bit, before i knew it it was morning and the contractions were lasting 60 seconds coming ever 2 mins. I was shattered having no sleep and worried that i wouldnt have enough energy to push baby out but everyone said it would be fine. The doctors examined me at around 9am and i was 4cm dilated! I was shocked i really didnt think i was at that point yet and was chuffed that id managed to get that far. They took me to labour ward and hubby came and met me, they took me into a nice big room and broke my waters, it was so funny everytime i stood up more came out, seriously there was loads!! i was doing fine just working my way through the pain without any relief, the midwife examined me and by now i was 5cm. That when the pain got worse so i had gas and air, was lying on my side on the bed going for it! I looked at hubby and couldnt stop laughing, that stuff is ace!! Everything after that is a blurr, im not sure how long i was there but soon it got too much again so i asked for pethadine. I remember feeling better after that but really hungry and still having to take gas & air. After so long like that i couldnt take it any longer so has an epidural. I was completely drugged up at this point and it all feels like a dream. I remember i had to take all my stuff off and wear a horrid hospital gown and sit on the end of the bed, they seemed to take ages putting in the epidural and i felt better once it had kicked in. I was now really really tired and kept drifing in and out of sleep, then the midwifes changes and the new one told me i was ready to push. We tried pushing for so long and by now i noticed it was night time. I was still not getting any belly pains but now this was because of the epidural. I pushed everytime i felt the heavy feeling at the bottom of my back. I pushed and pushed and hubby said he could see the babys head but she kept sliding back in, i wasnt getting regular contractions at all and the midwife got the doctor who had a feel around down there and said id either need forceps to deliver of a c section. Next thing i know i was beeing wheels into the operating theatre and being asked lots of questions and hooked up to all sorts of machines. When i mentioned my nickel allergy they said they would now have to go with the c section which i was fine with as i had gone in with an open mind. I had to sign a form to confirm i was happy for them to do it and they numbed me all over, i remember my hands feeling so heavy it was strange. I wanted to sleep and drifted off again until i heard a babys cry. Thats when i knew Sophie was here and everything would be fine. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it, it was so amazing. I didnt get to see her straight away, they had to take her away but her daddy got a quck cuddle. I must have fallen back to sleep because before i knew it i was being wheeled back out again and all of a sudden there was Sophie being placed in my arms, it was the most amazing thing in the world. She was born at 12.17am Thursday morning 4th March weighing 9lb. We stopped in the labour ward that night, i didnt sleep, the adrenelin kicked in and we called friends and family. I just lay there all night still drugged up thinking it was all a dream, i couldnt stop looking at her as she slept. at 6am i was taken upto the maternity unil and had a whole room to myself. My motherly insticts started stright away and i wanted to reach out to her when she cried but i couldnt due to the opertation. It was very very frustrating. I managed to get out of hospital yesterday (Monday) each day got easier to move and each day i got better at being a mummy. Day 3 i had the 'blues' and couldnt stop crying because i was so frustrated at Sophie struggling with breast feeding. We are now feeding her formula which shes much happier with.

And i think thats about it!! Thanks for reading :)

Congratulations! lovely story!

Can i just ask why they gave you a c-section and not an assisted delivery? I have an allergy to nickle, but never thought it would be important whilst pregnant!

Congratulations! :flower:

Sounds like you had a bit of a long ride there...poor you!:hugs:

Glad you are back home now....enjoy every second.:baby:

Congratulations! lovely story!

Can i just ask why they gave you a c-section and not an assisted delivery? I have an allergy to nickle, but never thought it would be important whilst pregnant!

not too sure, i need to find out exactly what happened as i never got chance to ask but as soon as i said i had the allergy they seemed to decide on a c section so may have something to do with the apperatus they use with assisted delivery, therefore i would look into it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->