Announcing the safe arrival of Lucy

Congratulations, hope you and little one are doing well x

Congratulations to you both! Look forward to seeing some photos.

xx

My labour actually started on Sunday 20th June which was 3 days after my due date. I woke up and was contracting about every 5 minutes... as the day wore on the contractions actually started to slow down...:dohh: instead of speed up as we were advised to go to the hospital only when the contractions were 3 mins apart.. at around 1am on the Monday morning, I felt that I couldn't handle it anymore and we went to the hospital only to be told that I was 'only' 1cm dialated and we had to go home...:cry:
This continued for the next 2 days... finally at around 12pm on Wednesday 23rd June, I could take no more.... I had now been contracting for between 3-10 mins for 72hrs and had had enough!!!!!

We went to the Maternity Assessment Unit and when examined, I was finally at 3cm dialated and ready to be admitted. Luckily for me, it was an England World Cup game in play so the unit was very quiet and I was offered a Birth Pool room, which I excepted. So with the help of gas and air, I got myself into the pool. I was ok for about an hour but then had tremendous back pain and couldn't get comfy in any position, so go out and had a shot of Diamorphine. The baby had moved to the OP position (back to back) and this was why I was in sooo much discomfort! The diamorphine and G&A were fine for a while but then as I was so knackered by this time, I opted for an Epijural so that I could get some sleep...:sleep:

By around 6am (the next morning), I was fully dialated :happydance: and was told that it was nearly time to push... but the epijural was soooo fantastic that I hadn't been able to nor could feel any contractions at all... so I had to wait to be told when to push by the midwife. :blush: she then said that as baby was still OP, the baby would need to be turned in order to get down the birth canal... Vontose was required.... the dr came and examined me and room filled up with people... the procedure started but didn't work... I'm not sure why....

It then go to the stage where baby's heartrate was dipping and taking time to come back up.... time for an emergency C-Section... (this really frightened me!)... I was wisked down a corridor at high speed and then surrounded by loads of people. Hubby disappeared to get changed into scrubs and I was hooked up to monitors and about 3 people were taking off my earrings, necklace and rings etc...my body was shaking uncontrollably! Then right at what felt like the 11th hour, it was decided to 'try' using forceps instead..... my legs were numbed and hooked up into stirrups and then I just laid there... I didn't feel Lucy come out, nor did I feel them place her on my chest... because I had a spine block? she was then wisked off to the corner of the room to be checked over and it felt like forever until I heard her cry... appartently, she was a little shell shocked by the birth as well. I then had to wait for approx 1/2 for the surgeon to stitch me up...:dohh:

I found the whole experience quite traumatic.... the speed of which everything happened when baby's heartbeat started dipping to when she was actually born was probably one of the scariest things I've ever been through.

I would say that Lucy is so completely worth all of it!! We are both, soo in love with her!

Hope that I haven't scared anyone :dohh:

Here's Lucy

https://www.babyandbump.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=94195&stc=1&d=1277641131
https://www.babyandbump.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=94196&stc=1&d=1277641131

Attachments

• P6250267.jpg
    P6250267.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 36
  • P6260284.jpg
    P6260284.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics