Announcing to unsupportive family

brooklinn

Reaction score
I've been stressing lately on how to announce my pregnancy. I feel like I'm going to have absolutely no support from my family whatsoever. I had a loss due to blighted ovum in May, and my dad told me he was relieved. We've never been close, but his comment hurt me a lot. He also refused to acknowledge the fact I was pregnant last time.

My baby's dad's mother doesn't like me. She never has, and I have no idea why. She doesn't even like me being around her son, let alone having his child. I don't want to keep this pregnancy a secret until I give birth. That just seems ridiculous, but I also don't want to deal with everyone's negativity. I've been thinking about just announcing on Facebook when I reach second trimester. That way I don't have to deal with anyone face to face.

I would just send a card with an ultrasound picture in it, and then post it on facebook. That way they can't complain about not being told first but you don't have to deal with all their silly comments. Good luck!

This time around I just send the important family a text with a pic of the ultrasound.. and everone else found out on facebook..

Most people congratulated us, my dad joked that I was having twins but I told him its just one. My mom was excited but she's known since the beginning pretty much. My grandpa on the other hand called me up and was like "I thought you were on birth control?!" he kind of accusingly almost yelled it pretty much. I simply told him no, I never have been I don't do hormonal birth control. He then said I just put another grey hair on his head.. in the end he did congradulate me but didn't seem all that happy about it.. not that he has ANY room to talk, they had 4 kids in just under 5 years (like 12 days short of 5 years..) where as my oldest will be 4 in January and this is my 3rd kid. Not to mention, we are the best off financially of any of his kids or grand kids (not that we make a lot of money, we just know how to manage what we have and know how to save rather than spend money we don't have) so I don't see what the problem is..

The point is, if they are not supportive and are only going to be negative about it - they don't deserve an in person announcement or even a phone call.. They may not like it but they will get over it.

I don't think my in laws are going to be very supportive. MIL has been telling DH that she doesn't think he is ready for a second child yet. She told him that literally the day before I told him we are pregnant.

So we just aren't telling her for a while. No reason to clue her in before we have to. I have half a mind just to post it on facebook and when she finds out, she finds out. I'm still pretty mad at her for saying that kind of thing do DH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->