Annovulatory cycles and opks?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used opks during a cycle when they knew they didn't ovulate? The past couple cycles I used opks during my entire cycle. The test line was always stark white negative until day 14, both times, when I had my surge. During this surge the test line would become *almost* positive but not quite as dark as the control, then it would go back to stark white negative within 24 hours. There was literally no LH in me except that one day out of each cycle when I would "surge". I'm wondering if these both were annovulatory cycles because normally I have a second line on an opk regardless of where I'm at in my cycle but there is usually SOME LH coursing through me. Is what I described typical of an annovulatory cycle?

What type of OPKs do you use? They may have been not sensitive enough and you are ovulating. Maybe worth temping for a cycle to see.

I only ovulate on clomid, any other time it is annovulatory. In those cycles I have a faint or blank line. I've only ever had something darker than a faint line when ovulating.

Thanks for your response :) I use the same brand of opks that I used with 4 of the 5 cycles I've became pregnant. They were always accurate for me before but they've been so confusing ever since my m/c and honestly I don't think I've ovulated since then. I've considered charting and I may have to try it. How would I know by charting if a cycle in annovulatory? My doctor won't put me on Clomid until July when it has been a year since my m/c.

When you ovulate you get a higher temperature after ovulation until AF. With my annovulatory cycles I just had consistently lower temperatures for the whole cycle. If you go on fertility friend you can see examples of types of cycles.

Charting can be a bit of a pain but it would give you peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->