Annoyed by someone else sharing MY news

pinkhope

Reaction score
I shared that I am pregnant with a few close friends and 2 of my close coworkers who I consider good friends. I just found out that one of those coworkers told my boss's wife- so of course my boss will know! I'm not sure whether or not this will cause an issue at work or not seeing how my boss is a total JERK... I'm just so beyond irritated! I told this coworker I was mad at them for sharing it but they sort of just laughed it off and explained how happy for me the boss's wife was! WTF-it was never your business to share!

On a related note, my mom keeps pestering me about when SHE can tell people! I want to bite her head off and tell her this is my husband's and I's news to share, and I have told her she has to wait- but she confessed to telling a few people already!

I'm wishing I'd never told ANYONE! Let this serve as a heads up to you ladies who are considering sharing your news early on- the people you share it with may not be as trustworthy as you think they are!

My mum did the same thing! I told her the news and told her not to tell anyone only tp find out a week later sje haf told one of our close family friends who I was looking forward to telling so I didnt even get the exited reactiom I thought I would coz she already new! I was so annoyed!!!

My mom is doing the same thing, but I am glad she's excited. I will let her share the news in a few more weeks. ;)

I don't so much mind my mom sharing the news with our family in a few weeks (since I live 1200 miles away from most of them and she's closeby!), but I'd like her to stop pestering me about it at least until after I've had my first scan!

My MIL is desperate to do the same. I have told her we are telling people over the weekend - she got really defensive asking why couldn't she tell - explained politely that yes I've had my scan but was still just short of 12 weeks so I wanted to wait and me and my partner will share OUR news gradually over the weekend!! X

I totally understand your frustration.. I have tried to be really careful for this reason (and partially due to previous loss)

I have only told a couple close friends and NO family whatsoever! Not even my mother lol.. I wonder how long I can hold off and if I can really make it 6 more weeks...

Hold off as long as you can!!! :D When I want to talk about the baby from now on at least for the next few weeks, I'm just getting on B&B to satisfy the urge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->