anorexia

HannahMarie

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, My name is HannahMarie, i have suffered with anorexia since i was 9 years old, i am now 18 years old nearly 19. In 2009 i was sent to a anorexia rehabilitation centre for 5 months, while i was there i gained weight as i had no choice, and since then i have been fighting anorexia day by day with many many relapses. this august i got married (i know i got married young lol) and we both adore children, we both have stable jobs and soon to be getting our mortgage so will have a stable home, and we figured we wanted to start trying for children in the next year. The only thing is even though i am recovered i still cant let go of my anorexia, i am 5 foot 7 inches, and i weigh 94 pounds making my BMI 14.7, everyday i weigh myself, and according to the scale i base my calorie intake on the number before me also the amount of exercise i will do throughout the duration of the day, I am still having my periods at the moment but would never want to put our baby in any harm and i am scared i will fall back into bad habits

what should i do?

thanks so much for your comments

I know how hard it is to recover from anorexia when you've had it a long time. I was very ill for eight years, recovered when pregnant with my daughter, fell back into it two years later, recovered for pregnancy with my son, fell back into it straight away. Currently recovered but extremely overweight from the meds I took for psychosis after the birth, til when he was two.

All I can say is you're not alone, but it does get easier the more you work at it. So maybe you should try and get a referral to an eating disorder unit for outpatient?

I don't have anorexia, but I have an unspecified ED. Currently, I'm involved in a group therapy programme, through the NHS. It's a type of CBT, called compassion based therapy; it's a 24 week programme that I was referred into by my GP.
I'm finding it very, very helpful. I'm based in Manchester, but maybe you could find out if there's anything like that near you.
Wishing you lots of love and luck xx

I agree with these other ladies; I would definitely try to seek ongoing professional help. And I would not start trying to conceive until you are at a healthier weight. I'm not sure that you can really call it recovered if you weigh yourself every morning and base your food intake on that number - it seems that you still have an unhealthy obsession with weight, food, and body image. I'm 5'6" and 130 lbs. A few years ago I was very stressed and dropped down to about 120 lbs, and my entire family started freaking out about how skinny I was, so there is no way that 94 lbs. is not enough weight on a 5'7" body. I don't mean to sound harsh, but if you decide to have children while still battling this, what kind of message is that going to send to your children (because believe me, they will pick up on your body issues and that will effect them)? And what kind of danger are you putting your unborn child in if you were to get pregnant at such a low weight? I would be very, very cautious and seek professional medical help before even thinking about trying to start a family, but that's just my two cents.

A few years ago I was very stressed and dropped down to about 120 lbs, and my entire family started freaking out about how skinny I was, so there is no way that 94 lbs. is not enough weight on a 5'7" body.

Grrr... typo! I meant: "there is no way that 94 lbs. is ENOUGH weight"

I agree with the other ladies my BMI was 17.2 this summer and my periods stopped, I became severely anaemic etc. at 94lbs and I'm 5ft 2.
I was sick 24/7 caught every flu going.
You need to get to a healthy BMI before TTC as I wasn't and sadly miscarried my first baby x

gooluck with your plans and Godbless with your family. .^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->